What's new

The appreciation in value of Land.

The example of 80 years to be developed made me think. Our country is an archipelago of 7,000 islands that I have seen some island provinces that have no development to speak of, there's not even a bus for public transport. But there are several small hotels for purposes of tourism. I guess the tourism department of our government is promoting those island provinces that sooner or later they will be catching up with the modern life and what would follow is the development of real estate in 20 years or so.

From my own experience a land will always appreciate in value, the only difference is that the better the location the higher the value, if you happen to buy a land in a very remote area, after some years the value will increase even if is by 5%.

But in reality, a property's physical structure tends to depreciate over time, while the land it sits on typically appreciates in value. ... Landappreciates because it is limited in supply, consequently, as the population increases, so does the demand forland, driving its price up over time

You're definitely spot on, the value of a land is determined by the location the land in question is situated. Some lands in very rural areas don't appreciate because of it attracts less demand.

This is very true. With respect to time, if the land takes as long as 80years to develop, it can be regarded as a loss. The essence of investment in a long term is to make profit after at most 10-20 years. Also before buying any land, it’s best advised to request for the development plan of that particular area. Most times the government have a plan laid out for the development of its environs. The purpose of this is to give you an insight on how long it will take to make profit from any land

Land does appreciate but there are several factors that will definitely influence the appreciation of land. One of those factors is location. If the land is located in rural underdeveloped area, then it would probably wouldn't appreciate like the lands in urban cities.

Land is one property that appreciate in value very fast. Land value begins to increase when the area and location where the land is located begins to develop. Land also has good value due to the location where the land is situated. People most times buy lands because of it's locations and size.

Yes definitely location of land 100% matters. Even the land's one portion is in front and 2nd is slightly back then there will be alot of difference in their prices.
With location the facilities also matters. If the facilities are more then price of that land also be more.

It depends on the location, if the land is in tipical rural area, let's say bushy area where no body resides, I will take years and years for the land to appreciate, is not going to appreciate faster like the lands in the urban areas where people build and plant their investment here and there,

This is why land investments are the best and one of the most profitable. We will be surprised by how much its price increases. Not just land but houses as well. If I have money, I would definitely invest in real estates.

We must all have heard at a point in time that land do not depreciate rather they appreciate. Lands differ in value base on their added value. Factors that aids the appreication or fast appreication of land are : location, proximity to the central for ease of connection , amenities or landmarks around. For instance, a land with good schools or businesss around it will definitely keep appreciating every year unlike one in a deserted or poorly developed area.

As you said, it may not be true in all cases in as much as it will depend on the location, as long as that area in which your land is situated has started developing due to infrastructure and basic amenities, definitely the land will appreciate. If you bought it cheaper, it will be more expensive due to the basic amenities and infrastructure that has been put in that place.

There has been a lot of buzz around how the value of Land never depreciates but appreciates always. Well in my experience that is not entirely or always true being that it's based on the location of the land that determines if the value of the land appreciate rapidly or not.
Buying a land in an area that you know is close to achieving development are the land that appreciates heavily not every land that one buys.
If you buy a land that the area is not likely to be developed in like 80 years to come, you can see that tge land won't be a successful investment.
What's your take on this guys?
One of the many beauties of land is that it never depreciates in value no matter what rather it appreciates and its economic value is increased over time. Land investments is a very good thing to venture into, one can never run into loss no matter what.

For me I think investing in landed properties is wise tho, I can say land is the only investment which values never or hardly comes down, it keeps on increasing. One of the Factors that limits land from appreciating is location, if the location is bad , it reduces the value of the land.

Presently there is a distinction regarding the trusting that this will occur, if the land has a decent area or is near turn of events, its appreciation will be in a brief timeframe, however on the off chance that it is in a regio

You are very correct. Lands appreciate in value if the land is in a very good location. The neighborhood a land is matters a lot in determining how the value will increase in the nearest future. If a land is in a rural area, it might not developed to increase in value in 20 years time.

Property appreciation is when the value of real estate increases over time because of an increase in demand for that property. As property becomes more scarce, but still desired, the price for it goes up.

From the way I see things and according to his writings, the value of the land is always appreciated. Now there is a difference in terms of the waiting time for this to happen, if the land has a good location or is close to development, its appreciation will be in a short time, but if it is in an area that does not have a good location, it will take longer. but this land always appreciates
This is also my knowledge about landed properties and it is so in my country because the price of land always appreciate over time and it never depreciate.

This is also my knowledge about landed properties and it is so in my country because the price of land always appreciate over time and it never depreciate.
I described this because a member posted that land depreciates, as far as I know this does not happen, at least not here in my country and not in yours either. I think that real estate will always increase in value over time.

There has been a lot of buzz around how the value of Land never depreciates but appreciates always. Well in my experience that is not entirely or always true being that it's based on the location of the land that determines if the value of the land appreciate rapidly or not.
Buying a land in an area that you know is close to achieving development are the land that appreciates heavily not every land that one buys.
If you buy a land that the area is not likely to be developed in like 80 years to come, you can see that tge land won't be a successful investment.
What's your take on this guys?
But after years of years if the land or the environment where the land is, if the environment becomes urban it will become a big fish...

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back