What's new

Should Old real estate properties or building be demolished to erect modern structures??

In my own view,modern architectural buildings are good,but except there is a structural defect on the buildings or the buyer of the property decide to do otherwise,then the structure should just be reforblished and be ready to occupy.This will save a lot of cost for maintainance.

Buildings cannot just be demolished because they are old if they do not pose any threat to lives and properties. Some old buildings serves as our culture and heritage for the coming generations to see and some people prefer to live in such buildings because of their designs.

In my country, most old buildings are very good as they have been built with quality materials to the structure is solid. So for such buildings, I'll like to renovate rather than demolish.

Why demolish what thousands of efforts, funds and intellects were put together to raise.if they are worn out or something, is better to renovate and put in place, they will still serve same purpose afterall

I think that the plan of the new structure would determine if to go on with the demolishing of the old structure or renovate it, in the end the new structure determines.

Why demolish what thousands of efforts, funds and intellects were put together to raise.if they are worn out or something, is better to renovate and put in place, they will still serve same purpose afterall
Excellent, I love this as you are giving the value they deserve to all who were involved in erecting the building. If it is a structure that is in good condition and its main foundations have not deteriorated, it is better to renovate than to destroy such architecture.

There are certain things you need to put into consideration, the state of the house and most importantly the location. The location plays a major role. If its in a place where there are only modern houses, then i guess it would have to be renovated to feet in.
If the Old new estate property is not that outdated it can be renovated but if it is then it is best being demolished and new ones are being erected.

I think that the plan of the new structure would determine if to go on with the demolishing of the old structure or renovate it, in the end the new structure determines.
Most of the old buildings here that looked dilapidated and ready for demolishing can actually be renovated. The city engineer is the decision maker on the condemning of an old building. He would check the structure particularly the pillars and beams. When the structure is still architecturally sound the building is recommended for renovation.

Most of the old buildings here that looked dilapidated and ready for demolishing can actually be renovated. The city engineer is the decision maker on the condemning of an old building. He would check the structure particularly the pillars and beams. When the structure is still architecturally sound the building is recommended for renovation.
You get my point, there would definately be someone who has a plan for a building old or damaged before it can be demolished for restructuring in this case it's the engineer.

Excellent @Alexandoy , I think this is the action that should be taken in general. I love the old architecture, and if there is the possibility of remodeling, after evaluation of its foundations, they should renovate instead of demolishing.

There is no point in demolishing old buildings that are still in good condition and are not a threat to lives and properties just to give way for new buildings. Some old buildings are heritage of symbols to some cultures in the environments they are situated.

There is no point in demolishing old buildings that are still in good condition and are not a threat to lives and properties just to give way for new buildings. Some old buildings are heritage of symbols to some cultures in the environments they are situated.
This all depend on the appearance of the building if it is very old and is of no good condition for people to stay in it can be demolish and rebuild but if it's still ok it can be renovated.

This all depend on the appearance of the building if it is very old and is of no good condition for people to stay in it can be demolish and rebuild but if it's still ok it can be renovated.
The question was actually demolishing old structures not necessarily that they they suffers some form of defects or threat to the neighborhood in order to build a modern building.

The question was actually demolishing old structures not necessarily that they they suffers some form of defects or threat to the neighborhood in order to build a modern building.
This all depends on the real estate or not whether to demolish old real estate property and rebuild new one or to renovate them however if the property are still modem with time it can be renovated but if it is a very old structure it could be demolished.

In my own view,modern architectural buildings are good,but except there is a structural defect on the buildings or the buyer of the property decide to do otherwise,then the structure should just be reforblished and be ready to occupy.This will save a lot of cost for maintainance.
I really support your submission. There is no reason for demolishing old building if they do not have any structural defects or posses a threat to lives and properties around them, it is a total waste of resources!to demolish such buildings.

Normally an old house should rather be demolished while the new one should be erected because if one is considering refurbishing an old house, it may not be able to take the same weight as the new structures being built these days.
If an owner of an old house wants to retain his old house, then it makes sense that he should just do some little touch on the house like repainting, leaving the house structures in place, this is one reason I love England, Most of the structures are left to preserve history and culture of the british people.
Well you are talking about historical structure, in this case I do not see the need for it to be demolished but if you're doing a business such as real estate, obviously people are likely to be interested in new modern.
Post automatically merged:

Normally an old house should rather be demolished while the new one should be erected because if one is considering refurbishing an old house, it may not be able to take the same weight as the new structures being built these days.
If an owner of an old house wants to retain his old house, then it makes sense that he should just do some little touch on the house like repainting, leaving the house structures in place, this is one reason I love England, Most of the structures are left to preserve history and culture of the british people.
Well you are talking about historical structure, in this case I do not see the need for it to be demolished but if you're doing a business such as real estate, obviously people are likely to be interested in new modern.

Post automatically merged:

It is good for new and modern structures to be erected for you as an estate developer but for that to work you have to consider the country that you are in so that's why I gave an example of England being a country that values history a lot.

It is not really good for old building to be demolished to give way for new buildings if the old ones do not pose any threat to lives and other properties close to it.

They have to be demolished in order for new structures to be erected, this is because people will not like to patronize old and worn-out structures in this era that we are

Buildings and house designs are dynamic as architects and engineers are always working churning out beautiful designs and building plans to suite ever present needs in houses and building structures.

Should real estate investor consider demolishing very old structure like from the 60s and 70s to construct modern designed structures??
I think this is a good move. The old structure cannot bring enough profit as most people will be looking for a modern building to rent.

Once you pull down the old properties and erect the new one, the value of the property will increase. With that you can charge high rent fee.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back