How do you define spam?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Recently, on a certain forum, I sent a warning to a user who was posting similar kind of topics on multiple forums. He posted on the advertising section, website promotion section, and website happening section. All posts were about the same product but written in different words. Even though he was posting on the appropriate sections in the forum, I thought it was spam.
How do you define spam?

I define spam that is repeated low content posts. It can also be considered spam if the forum is used like a chat room, where someone posts a response every time they think of something, when they should just edit their post to add anything they want.

I also define spam as something that doesn't add anything to the topic or discussion, an off topic post maybe. Saying offensive or rude things too, but that gets removed no matter what.

If someone is to spam the same topic in multiple areas, I would leave one of the topics open and close the others. Let them know that they can post it here or there and say duplicate topics will be removed. Otherwise let them know they need to ask permission to post the same topic in multiple areas.

People just repeat the same ideas. First of all, users don't share personal information they just google it which could be outdated. Or you could repeat the same idea across the posts. All these could negatively the platform.

First spam for me is irrelevant content that is not related to the discussion. Also offensive content is counted along this zone for me, also adding to that are languages which is not understood by anyone else except the writer.

For me, spam is low-quality and repetitive content, with the sole purpose of achieving something specific, whether it is a direct economic benefit, such as in a ptp forum, inserting some type of advertising in its content, or getting notoriety on that website or forum by posting incessantly.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back