Registering a new domain vs buying an old domain

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you like to register a new domain or buy an old domain, a domain registered by someone else? Well, I like to register my own domain because you can get a domain for a small price. You might have to pay a hefty price for old domains. Furthermore, you never know what these domains were for in the past.

An expired domain has a few potential benefits compared to a brand-new domain such as the authority of an older domain is likely to have an existing backlink profile and therefore rank higher in search engine rankings than new domains. One of the biggest issues with an expired domain is the potential for low search engine rankings - due to the fact that it may have previously had significant spam content or black hat SEO activities associated with it.
Source to the full article

I once bought an expired domain unknowingly. When I launched the website with this domain and applied for Adsense, it was rejected. Adsense continued to reject the website multiple times. Upon inspection I found that the domain was attached with a website in the past and it had a lot of low quality backlinks. This is the major issue of using expired domain.

Those who target and purchase old domains are most times after the branding, page authority and backlink the domain has gained. Getting an old domain is gonna cost you some fortune and hope your ready for it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back