What's new

Leasing or Renting a Domain

I've considered it a few more than a few times over the last 10 years. As I understand it, it allows you to let someone create a forum or website, by linking the record information of the domain you own to their hosting account.

Pros? Being able to charge a fee to cover the cost of domain renewal, charging fees to cover the use of a potential premium domain (which are usually expensive to purchase), ability to negotiate how the domain is used in relation to the site being set up, and any other potential earnings that might allow you to make a tidy profit off of the domain.

Cons? The person might eventually think that they own the domain, so they would get angry if you don't transfer official control over to them. They might end up not living up to the agreement made, to be able to use the domain for the website in question that they want to setup and run using that domain.

I have never leased or rented a domain but I have see a lot of people offering domains on lease or rents. However, I don't know who owns the domain during the lease and what happens after the lease term ends. I see some domains have monthly installments for people to make instead of one big payment, I also do not know how this actually works.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back