What's new

Is it pointless to try to make your own social sites?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Social media is popular, but there's already a group of sites out there as the established ones, the ones everyone flocks to. Whether it be Facebook, X, YouTube, Instagram and more, it feels like the market is already set. As in, it's pointless now to make our own social media sites. If anything, do you think a new social site could catch on? Or do you think Facebook and the others have too much of a foothold on it?

I mean, the competition is fierce, to do that you really have to target a very specific niche to have some advantage,
but if the social media you may want to create is for the general public, you stand no chance against those monsters.

There is nothing that can be called pointless. If you want to know whether you can still become successful with your social site and can easily compete with the giants or not depends on how unique your idea is and how much money you put in to marketing it. Remember, how Tiktok shattered the very foundation of youtube and facebook and they had to copy tiktok's model to retain their users.

I mean, the competition is fierce, to do that you really have to target a very specific niche to have some advantage,
but if the social media you may want to create is for the general public, you stand no chance against those monsters.
Yeah that's my main thing, the competition is the key problem. There's already sites dedicated for social media needs and it's really hard to get in and catch up to those sites. Honestly I don't think any new social site could catch up.
There is nothing that can be called pointless. If you want to know whether you can still become successful with your social site and can easily compete with the giants or not depends on how unique your idea is and how much money you put in to marketing it. Remember, how Tiktok shattered the very foundation of youtube and facebook and they had to copy tiktok's model to retain their users.
TikTok though was already established as Musicly. It's been trying to catch up to current social sites for a long time, and now it's considered one of the best platforms. But what are the chances we see another social site spring up and have as much success? I don't think we're going to see any social sites that come close, and I think it'd be pointless to try. Sure it could work, but I think it'd take quite a while to make it all work.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back