What's new

Is Facebook taking over for websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Facebook can be big. There are audiences of all ages there no matter which you are looking for but for the fact that everyone is there and many write nonsensical things, Facebook is sometimes not as trusted as other sites.
There is also the issue of scammers which make people but to trust businesses advertising on Facebook.

Is Facebook taking over for websites​

While Facebook is becoming the biggest relationship marketing tool for brands, it seems like that instead of increasing traffic to the company website, Facebook is actually absorbing it.

They are both different things Facebook and website Facebook connect people together and even bring familiarity within the globe while website is just to search internet and get what you need

I remember when Myspace came out, movies and tv would ask for fans to go to the myspace pages. I thought at that point, that MySpace would be the future where people would skip making a website, and just use MySpace. But Myspace died, and in came Facebook to take over. Facebook is still alive and kicking, in fact, probably could be the first destination for most people when they open their web browsers.

With that being said, it made me wonder, with Facebook having groups, pages, a marketplace and so much more, do you foresee Facebook being a threat to traditional websites? If someone can just use a Facebook page to sell their products, they could in turn leave websites behind.

I hope it never happens, but I could see Facebook being that big.
Facebook is big and it can only get bigger. Connecting people and lost friends was there first selling points and acceptability from there got bigger by the day. They added a whole lots of things to the system and I don't think they are slowing down anytime soon. It won't knock out website (it can't) but it's genuinely doing it bit to stake a claim on huge stuffs

You just have to give kudos to facebook, they have the appetite to go further, they are relentless always proactive and creative in their platforms.but web cannot be overshadowed as its host is very large.

I remember when Myspace came out, movies and tv would ask for fans to go to the myspace pages. I thought at that point, that MySpace would be the future where people would skip making a website, and just use MySpace. But Myspace died, and in came Facebook to take over. Facebook is still alive and kicking, in fact, probably could be the first destination for most people when they open their web browsers.

With that being said, it made me wonder, with Facebook having groups, pages, a marketplace and so much more, do you foresee Facebook being a threat to traditional websites? If someone can just use a Facebook page to sell their products, they could in turn leave websites behind.

It is already that big, and yes there are lots of online sellers who focus on only Facebook and have no website, I have a website just to give my business more credibility but I hardly get orders directly from there.

It is possible that Facebook is taking over website, Facebook carries a large capacity of users and it contains a lot of legit business and also give free space to some illegal business.

I don't think so although Facebook is doing very well with its strategy. I think it is important that their powers are checked always. It is important to check any form of monopoly or dominance that might grow.

Facebook cannot take over the function of website because it has a primary purpose of connecting friends together. There are lots of website out there and each of them is unique on their own, ranging from ecomerce, news outlets and online stores.

I think Facebook is already that big but I would not like the idea of Facebook taking over small away side that are trying to complete thereby moving into Extinction I hope it does not come to that one day because I don't really like Facebook monopolising the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back