What's new

Is Cryptocurrency more valuable than gold due to the supply?

There is a constant debate that happens about which is a better investment and the choices are generally between cryptocurrency, I.e. Bitcoin, and gold, and which will be a better investment for the long term. The price of these commodities are determined largely by the supply and demand of them, and so this is a point that should be considered when determining the better of the two investments.

Whilst gold has a supply that is unknown at this point in time because as you mine you continue to find more gold and there is no set limit as yet that we can say with certainty, the supply of Bitcoin is limited. Therefore, this could mean that Bitcoin may be a better investment in terms of the supply demand curve. What are your thought on this?

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned when it comes to choosing between cryptocurrency and gold I think I'm going to go with gold because it offers you a more stable transaction or investment.

This days Cryptocurrency is simply worth more than the precious stones like Gold, Silver, Diamond, Platinum etc. Oeoplebsre just into crypto looking for same derivative.

I read somewhere that gold is expensive not because of its short supply but due to the cost of mining and refining. Bitcoin mining also consumes a lot of resources.

I agree with gold because it has been tested by time. In the Vietnam war only gold was accepted for payments because their currency had no more value. With crypto coin investment you do not know what may happen next. The value of crypto coin is on the transactions. When no one is transacting the crypto coin loses its value.
Indeed gold has been tested by time and unlike crypto, the price does not change. There is a steady increase in the value of gold unlike crypto that changes in value.

The use of the word or parameter supply can't be a yard stick to say something is more valuable than another. I would rather think the demand should be the yard stick

I think gold still has more higher value than the cryptocurrency due to the low supply of the precious metal.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned when it comes to choosing between cryptocurrency and gold I think I'm going to go with gold because it offers you a more stable transaction or investment.
Gold is a lot more stable and it is a much better investment opportunity if you are looking to avoid the high level of risk that is a part of cryptocurrency because the price of cryptocurrency is always fluctuating over the course of a day whereas with gold it is not the case. It can be the much safer route however it seems that recent analysis has shown that gold is actually starting to look a lot worse next to crypto currency like Bitcoin.
Post automatically merged:

I will choose Bitcoin on this matter. It's because gold is very hard to find when you mine it.

Whereas with Bitcoin when I opened my laptop computer I can have an access to this cryptocurrency. I don't need a lot of heavy equipment to dig for gold.
Technically you actually do need a lot of equipment in order to be able to mine cryptocurrency effectively because if you are mining it using your laptop then you are actually damaging your laptop and you are not creating sufficient cryptocurrency to cover the damages as well as the possible energy costs.

Last edited:
This actually is not a negative for gold because if more people see the benefit of investing in haven assets by bitcoin they will also be attracted to alternatives assets that do the same.

I think both of them are more available and also successful to invest in them, but if you know how to trade on cryptocurrency you will become richest.

I think both of them are more available and also successful to invest in them, but if you know how to trade on cryptocurrency you will become richest.
Knowing how to trade on cryptocurrencies is a very good skill to have because it will allow you to trade in not only cryptocurrency but also on the stock market and in the forex market as well. Both of these can be very lucrative when it comes to establishing an online profit system.

One thing about the two type of investment is that they actually give returns on investment.In terms of cryptocurency it can give you a huge and maximum return on your investment in a relatively short time due to its volatility,but you can actually make a huge loss as well.but in gold,the price is stable and does not easily fluctuate like that of crypto.But the choice still lies in the hands of the investors.

Gold is a lot more stable and it is a much better investment opportunity if you are looking to avoid the high level of risk that is a part of cryptocurrency because the price of cryptocurrency is always fluctuating over the course of a day whereas with gold it is not the case. It can be the much safer route however it seems that recent analysis has shown that gold is actually starting to look a lot worse next to crypto currency like Bitcoin.

Technically you actually do need a lot of equipment in order to be able to mine cryptocurrency effectively because if you are mining it using your laptop then you are actually damaging your laptop and you are not creating sufficient cryptocurrency to cover the damages as well as the possible energy costs.

Seriously, that's exactly my very own personal opinion when it comes to investing in Gold. There is no room for panic with gold investments because it's as stable as it can get.

Seriously, that's exactly my very own personal opinion when it comes to investing in Gold. There is no room for panic with gold investments because it's as stable as it can get.
Exactly and even if there is a decrease in the price of gold it is likely that the price will rise in the next few weeks or months and there is no need to panic because it is a physical commodity that many people actually get involved in. Whereas with cryptocurrency people are still a bit sceptical about whether to investigate or not.

That is true and
that is the reason that many people actually like getting into gold as well because there is no need to constantly monitor the price, whereas with crypto volatility you have to do that all the time.

Last edited:
IN the beginning of this year, Solana was $1.28. Now it is $180. Do you think gold will appreciate like this? I don't see that happening However, anything is possible in crypto currency.

Actually, I believe that the supply of cryptocurrency is not something that is limited right now because it's something that is done online but gold that is a physical item can easily go out of stock.

IN the beginning of this year, Solana was $1.28. Now it is $180. Do you think gold will appreciate like this? I don't see that happening However, anything is possible in crypto currency.
I do agree with you. I think that the one thing that limits gold and its prices is the fact that it is a centralized market and therefore it can be controlled as well, whereas with crypto we essentially decide the price of a coin.

Personally I believe that a lot of people are going to cryptocurrency investment than getting into gold investment because cryptocurrency it seems to be a little more popular right now.

Personally I believe that a lot of people are going to cryptocurrency investment than getting into gold investment because cryptocurrency it seems to be a little more popular right now.
I do agree with you and i think that the main reason of this is that people are starting to see that there is a lot more profit that can be made from crypto in teh short term as opposed to gold.

Exactly and it actually what a lot of people are flowing with right now because even myself when it comes to taking up their investment and I want to do now I believe that cryptocurrency is going to be my priority.

Bitcoin may be more valuable when referring to the monetary value, but as an asset, I would go with Gold because it could be passed on from a generation to another and even used as collateral if need be.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back