What's new

Is Cryptocurrency more valuable than gold due to the supply?

I am also in support of gold which is more valuable than crypto currency in my own opinion , theres nothing you can use to qualify gold because it is natural and crypto currency is man made.
To me gold is more valuable.the supply is not known as you said and it is one of the natural commodities the world is blessed with not like cryptocurrency which is created by man.both of them are volatile which means they can make you a lot of money in a very short time but I still prefer gold

Rightly said . The lower the supply of any commodity or asset the higher the demand which in turn makes it more valuable and costly. Bitcoin is of lower supply but lacks a world wide adoption which to me gives gold an edge over it when it comes to be "valued"
The adoption of cryptocurrency and bitcoin however is starting to grow and i think that we are seeing more and more countries that are slowly start to look into the adoption of these coins in their economy. Hopefully this is the case as i think that this adoption will certainly help in the regulation of these currencies and increasing their price as well.

To me gold is more valuable.the supply is not known as you said and it is one of the natural commodities the world is blessed with not like cryptocurrency which is created by man.both of them are volatile which means they can make you a lot of money in a very short time but I still prefer gold.

Cryptocurrencies might have an unlimited supply. There is a limit when it comes to Bitcoin, but there are many cryptocurrencies that are being created very sooner and every year. Gold is much limited because it is a natural resource and the supply might end soon.

Cryptocurrencies might have an unlimited supply. There is a limit when it comes to Bitcoin, but there are many cryptocurrencies that are being created very sooner and every year. Gold is much limited because it is a natural resource and the supply might end soon.
The supply of gold will definitely reach its peak, and i think that a time will come that gold, despite there still being small reserves will stopped being mined in its entirety because the price of extraction may start to exceed the price that gold is worth.

The supply of gold will definitely reach its peak, and i think that a time will come that gold, despite there still being small reserves will stopped being mined in its entirety because the price of extraction may start to exceed the price that gold is worth.

Well, I am sure that Earth has a limited supply of gold becauseas I said earlier, it is a natural resource. Crypto coins are created by humans and even though there is a limited supply of each coin, new and new coins are created every year and this essentially makes coin supply unlimited to some extent.

Well, I am sure that Earth has a limited supply of gold becauseas I said earlier, it is a natural resource. Crypto coins are created by humans and even though there is a limited supply of each coin, new and new coins are created every year and this essentially makes coin supply unlimited to some extent.
I get what you are saying, however these new coins do not necessarily have value. For example there are multiple coins that enter the market almost daily by peopel that are trying their hand at creating a cryptocurrency coin, however without being maintains or without being advertised they end up as dead coins, and so whilst they may have an unlimited supply their coin is not of any value.

I think gold is more valuable than crypto currency because gold is something physical than you can see unlike crypto currency and people value what they can see more.

I think gold is more valuable than crypto currency because gold is something physical than you can see unlike crypto currency and people value what they can see more.
This is human nature i think and people tend to rather believe in what they can see because it will allow them to be able to physically own that asset. Whereas when it comes to crypto you never actually physically hold it and that leads to the question of is it truly yours.

I get what you are saying, however these new coins do not necessarily have value. For example there are multiple coins that enter the market almost daily by peopel that are trying their hand at creating a cryptocurrency coin, however without being maintains or without being advertised they end up as dead coins, and so whilst they may have an unlimited supply their coin is not of any value.

It is quite possible that SOME coins might not have value but there are literally many coins that have a real value and the value is still increasing along with the supply of these coins. There are hundreds of coins in existence right now and probably hundreds will come into existence sooner.

It is quite possible that SOME coins might not have value but there are literally many coins that have a real value and the value is still increasing along with the supply of these coins. There are hundreds of coins in existence right now and probably hundreds will come into existence sooner.
I see where you are coming from. Another point that you have to consider as well is usability. Like you said there is an unlimited supply of crypto that there is because there are new coins developed, however if they cannot be used or stored in a wallet then people will stop using those coins as well. For example bitcoin is limited, but it is accepted as payment. A new coin may not be accepted and so even with new coins coming out, without usability they are not of any use to people.

I see where you are coming from. Another point that you have to consider as well is usability. Like you said there is an unlimited supply of crypto that there is because there are new coins developed, however if they cannot be used or stored in a wallet then people will stop using those coins as well. For example bitcoin is limited, but it is accepted as payment. A new coin may not be accepted and so even with new coins coming out, without usability they are not of any use to people.

Just because a coin is not used as a payment method, it does not mean that it is not usable or you cannot invest in it. Many coins like Kava coin are also not being used as payment method but they still have good value. Polkadot is also not used as payment method by many but it still has a good staking value!

Just because a coin is not used as a payment method, it does not mean that it is not usable or you cannot invest in it. Many coins like Kava coin are also not being used as payment method but they still have good value. Polkadot is also not used as payment method by many but it still has a good staking value!
I see what you are saying, but let us look at the ripple coin for example. When the lawsuit started there was a massive reduction in the number of platforms that were accepting it as a form of payment and this caused the price of the coin to drop rapidly. However as the coin started to be accepted again the price started to rise accordingly.

I see what you are saying, but let us look at the ripple coin for example. When the lawsuit started there was a massive reduction in the number of platforms that were accepting it as a form of payment and this caused the price of the coin to drop rapidly. However as the coin started to be accepted again the price started to rise accordingly.

Crypto coins depend on many factor such as: its acceptance as a payment method and trade method, its mining potential and the amount and rate at which it is being mined, government policies against crypto. Ripple's value might have declined for a short time, but it did rise as far as I kniow because it was becoming as acceptable form of payment around the world after its rejection.

Crypto coins depend on many factor such as: its acceptance as a payment method and trade method, its mining potential and the amount and rate at which it is being mined, government policies against crypto. Ripple's value might have declined for a short time, but it did rise as far as I kniow because it was becoming as acceptable form of payment around the world after its rejection.
I think that government policy that is against the coin is a good point that you have raised here. This could have been another reason for the decline in the ripple coin, because the SEC was suing them, however when peopel started to see that the coin was doing well in the lawsuit perhaps that is what gave them confidence to bull rally the coin afterwards.

I don't think so, i so much believe gold is far more valuable irrespective of the angle it's viewed from
What is your opinion about why you think that gold is more valuable than cryptocurrency? When answering in a platform such as this it is important that you provide a substantial reason for the answer that you are giving as well in order for people to understand what you are thinking when you are actually giving that answer and what is the reasoning behind it as well.

The supply of cryptocurrency into the cryptocurrency market space does not explain or has no relationship in comparison that it is more valuable than Gold. That's not true. These paramete does not bear anything to hold such comparison

There is a constant debate that happens about which is a better investment and the choices are generally between cryptocurrency, I.e. Bitcoin, and gold, and which will be a better investment for the long term. The price of these commodities are determined largely by the supply and demand of them, and so this is a point that should be considered when determining the better of the two investments.

Whilst gold has a supply that is unknown at this point in time because as you mine you continue to find more gold and there is no set limit as yet that we can say with certainty, the supply of Bitcoin is limited. Therefore, this could mean that Bitcoin may be a better investment in terms of the supply demand curve. What are your thought on this?
I will choose Bitcoin on this matter. It's because gold is very hard to find when you mine it.

Whereas with Bitcoin when I opened my laptop computer I can have an access to this cryptocurrency. I don't need a lot of heavy equipment to dig for gold.

Personally I feel gold is on its own league and is still making waves in the market. Though crypto currency is used more in our modern generation

Personally I feel gold is on its own league and is still making waves in the market. Though crypto currency is used more in our modern generation
I agree with gold because it has been tested by time. In the Vietnam war only gold was accepted for payments because their currency had no more value. With crypto coin investment you do not know what may happen next. The value of crypto coin is on the transactions. When no one is transacting the crypto coin loses its value.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back