What's new

Instead of giving money to beggars, do this instead!

Something similar happened with a beggar I knew, who sat at the entrance of a chapel asking for money from the parishioners. On one occasion I saw him arrive in a limousine, I learned that he had service and several properties, thanks to the alms.
People like that already feel entitled to receiving money and support from others and that's why they always don't think of getting something to do for themselves to make money.

People like that already feel entitled to receiving money and support from others and that's why they always don't think of getting something to do for themselves to make money.
You are absolutely right, in my country I have been told that they have wanted to give small amounts to beggars, and they do not receive the amount because it is too little for them. As you describe they think they have the right to demand and receive money.

There are beggers every where, tho you are right, always giving to them encourage them more. But this is a system that i feel would be really hard to get raid of. some beggers already have the idea that they are useless and can never make any positive Impact to the society. So by the time you stop giving them, some might decide to end their lives. I think another way we should go about it is creating awareness, and the government should help as well by playing their parts. We create awareness and let them know that no matter their age or disability they are still very useful to the society. There is still a place for them in the society. Special jobs can be created for them that suits them, so they can give back to the society as well

In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.
Although I do like the act of giving beggars money,but before I give any beggar money I make sure is having any health issue that's why he or she can't work tho.

The situation is a everywhere in the world I think government suppose to take that situation by looking into this situation to stop this problem, and look into this situation.

Personally, I believe there are genuine beggars out there and I give to some of them once in a while if I have the money. To me, I don't see anything wrong in giving them money. I just leave the fake ones for God to George them. That is my take.

There is nothing bad in giving to the needy and the poor. The sense of entitlement mentality is what I don't like also. Some people have taken begging for alms as full-time job, and they don't always see the reason why they need to get a job since they are making more than enough everyday.

Although I do like the act of giving beggars money,but before I give any beggar money I make sure is having any health issue that's why he or she can't work tho.
I also used to check if they really had a health problem. One day I saw in the subway of my country a boy begging for alms, he was going to be operated for a colonoscopy, when the guards arrived the boy had a fake probe of those sold in the "magic houses" from that moment I stopped giving them money.

It's a good thing to help beggars but its not everyone you help means well for you so you have to be mindful of the people you help or give out things to.

In my country there are usually elderly people and children who go about the streets everyday of their lives begging for money and I feel they don't want to go and work because they always get from people. I believe giving beggars Money is more like encouraging to continue begging, instead of giving them money, try and buy from those children Hawking goods and then leave your balance with them.

At least you are encouraging them to continue working hard for their money, not that you continue giving beggars money.
Things may not really be as clear cut as you are putting it. I will still give to beggers I see as much as I can spare. Wether they beg for fun or are actually destitute in need is up to them

This is something I have also seen in my country. They hire mothers or children to beg in the streets, then they get together and give away all the benefits, of people who yield to their heart. Once I saw how a well dressed person received a lot of money from a child beggar. I do not support such criminal activities.
There are even some beggars that always rent small children , most especially twins for their business, and they use the children to beg for money saying their husband abandoned them.

Laughs, i was thinking begging only exist more here in my country. I never knew is everywhere on earth. Sometimes i do fall for their traps by given money to the little beggars. But i don't do it often, i try to be stingy sometimes too. Cos the avenue to make money isn't easy at all, so given it out unnecessarily makes no sense. @Bookwormlux, made an interesting point to follow, instead of encouraging beggars it is better to encourage those hawking to make ends meet.
Dear friend, it's worldwide. I'm seeing beggars in Brazil, I saw beggars in Argentina and I saw tons of beggars in Italy. Averagely, the begging reason between Latin America and Europe are different. In Latin America it's often third aged that can't buy their medicines. In south Europe the majority of the beggars are gypsies. And they don't beg because they need: gypsies beg cause culture. Never give them money: they use to steal. My best friend got stolen by a beggar gypsy while giving money to them. The only non beggar gypsies I knew, they were educated, schooling loving and/or converted to christianism.

There are even some beggars that always rent small children , most especially twins for their business, and they use the children to beg for money saying their husband abandoned them.
It is so, which is unfortunate @Shigobad2020 , because instead of instructing the child with the purpose of being good in the future as good men and women, they become bad living people. That if you get careless on the road they rob you.

What you describe is something I have seen a lot in my country. They even give to other people close to them, with what they collect from begging. Personally, after seeing so much fraud in them, I stopped giving some of the cash.
If you want to help people, you need to give them what they want, for example food, clothes, shelter, even work. When you give money, they will be misusing it.

I don’t really like giving my money to beggers not because I’m too bad but I don’t feel save about it.i rather help someone from my environment than giving a beggar my money

Really, sometimes you are not safe at all. Pickpockets happen in such circumstances, as it happened to my best friend.

It is so, which is unfortunate @Shigobad2020 , because instead of instructing the child with the purpose of being good in the future as good men and women, they become bad living people. That if you get careless on the road they rob you.

Or at least, even when they grow up good people, they may learn to become beggars, copying their parents' behaviour.

If you want to help people, you need to give them what they want, for example food, clothes, shelter, even work. When you give money, they will be misusing it.
What you describe, was what I expressed in my first publication related to the subject. If it is hunger I go and buy him something and hope he eats, if it is clothes there are centers here that give used clothes to beggars, and that way they help. But no money.

Dear friend, it's worldwide. I'm seeing beggars in Brazil, I saw beggars in Argentina and I saw tons of beggars in Italy. Averagely, the begging reason between Latin America and Europe are different. In Latin America it's often third aged that can't buy their medicines. In south Europe the majority of the beggars are gypsies. And they don't beg because they need: gypsies beg cause culture. Never give them money: they use to steal. My best friend got stolen by a beggar gypsy while giving money to them. The only non beggar gypsies I knew, they were educated, schooling loving and/or converted to christianism.
Thanks for sharing this awesome information here. I never knew begging is allover and their are people that begging have sucked their blood for them, which are the Gypsies just as you mentioned.

Yeah definitely it's ok but beggars don't actually sell things so I believe it's two different sides you should give ti beggars either money or goods and buy from hawkers and you can decide to let them keep the changes.

Yeah definitely it's ok but beggars don't actually sell things so I believe it's two different sides you should give ti beggars either money or goods and buy from hawkers and you can decide to let them keep the changes.
That's right, beggars are those who beg in the streets, and street vendors are others, who make a living out of it. In the first case one must be very careful because they are of bad life and can steal and even kill to get money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back