What's new

If your job was on the line, would you throw a co-worker under the bus?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Let's say you know someone you work with who is responsible for messing up and costing the company thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. The boss knows you know and if you don't come forward, you will very likely be fired as a result. Would you tell your boss whose fault it is or would you allow yourself to be fired?

I wouldn't except if the person was trying to do me over as well. I'm someone that can take a lot for a friend but at the same time I'll do all I can to ensure that I don't lose my job without screwing my friend over.

Actually there are some certain things that we don't really have to engaged ourselves into it. most especially affairs that has to do with co workers and the company. personally I will allowed them to handle there stuffs.

To say the fact , we at told to be our brother's keeper but not in the aspect of loosing our source of livelihood, since its my patner that made the mistake , then he should face the consequences.

I don't do it unless the person is also trying to discourage me. I am someone who can accept a lot for my friends, but at the same time, I will do whatever it takes to not lose my job without pranking my boyfriend.

Sincerely speaking, I do not know what I would do, but I pray when that time comes, I do not make the choice that would be unreasonable and detrimental to myself and the co-worker in question

What is the need of hiding the truth most especially if I love the organisation I am working for ? I will definitely have to say everything , I don't want a situation that I am fired for no reason.

Let's say you know someone you work with who is responsible for messing up and costing the company thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. The boss knows you know and if you don't come forward, you will very likely be fired as a result. Would you tell your boss whose fault it is or would you allow yourself to be fired?
when you are working in government or private company and there's some people that cause problem, definitely you expose them because if don't expose them when it backfire you will be among them.

I will expose any unusual acts. What is the need of hiding the truth most especially if I love the organisation I am working for?. I will definitely do all I could to keep my job so it doesn't backfires and affect everyone.

What has a coworker has to do with my job being on the line? I really don't understand because that would be pure wickedness and u wouldn't vouch for such unless there's a background story I haven't really heard.
There are times when this sort of things do happen, let's say there is a known rule a co worker has broken and you are the custodian of such rule and would get sacked if the defaulters are not brought to book.
What has a coworker has to do with my job being on the line? I really don't understand because that would be pure wickedness and u wouldn't vouch for such unless there's a background story I haven't really heard.
There are times when this sort of things do happen, let's say there is a known rule a co worker has broken and you are the custodian of such rule and would get sacked if the defaulters are not brought to book

Actually such is a critical issue and if not handle with sensitivity it may cause you your job and also the relationship that exists between you and the co worker. I will advise the co worker of his behaviour and if he fails, I will involved someone too.

I am somebody who is always making integrity and trustworthyness. If the person that is involved did things wrong then I might want to review but if they did not then I am going to lose the job.

There are times when this sort of things do happen, let's say there is a known rule a co worker has broken and you are the custodian of such rule and would get sacked if the defaulters are not brought to book.

There are times when this sort of things do happen, let's say there is a known rule a co worker has broken and you are the custodian of such rule and would get sacked if the defaulters are not brought to book
In this case I would say that you're doing your job. You were employed for that and you agreed to that knowing that would be your task and so I don't seem to see the reason not to uphold to that agreement.

In this case I would say that you're doing your job. You were employed for that and you agreed to that knowing that would be your task and so I don't seem to see the reason not to uphold to that agreement.

Well, I am working alone and I am not working as a freelancer, so I really do not know how I my job would be under threat. Having said that, this is the advantage of working as a freelancer.

Well, I am working alone and I am not working as a freelancer, so I really do not know how I my job would be under threat. Having said that, this is the advantage of working as a freelancer.
I am also a freelancer and as such u don't have issue with this also but I just made my comment based on the condition you gave though. A freelancer don't need co-workers.

Actually there are some co workers that deserve to be thrown under the bus because no matter how hard you work to correct them, they can change and to some extent can caused you alot of problems.

Getting a job nowadays I know is very much difficult and to lose one when you have one wouldn't be much fun, especially if you would have to find another so soon. If a co-worker was messing up and I knew they were messing up I would definitely let the boss know rather than lose my job. If you let them get away with it all that will happen is they will continue to do it and you will be out of a job, they continue to do it and others suffer as well because I couldn't speak up.

I will never allow somebody's course to affect me,I will expose the dishonest co-worker for the betterment of the company. I am a honest person and self minded. For the reasion of your honesty you may be promoted.

Getting a job nowadays I know is very much difficult and to lose one when you have one wouldn't be much fun, especially if you would have to find another so soon. If a co-worker was messing up and I knew they were messing up I would definitely let the boss know rather than lose my job. If you let them get away with it all that will happen is they will continue to do it and you will be out of a job, they continue to do it and others suffer as well because I couldn't speak up.

Getting a job is much harder due to the fact that there are many people who are seeking job. But the supply of the job is quite low. This is creating tough competition.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back