What's new

How to earn cash writing for technologyreview.com?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
The Technology review website is one of the most popular website out there. They publish articles and tutorials related to technology. They also pay writers and writers can make some money writing for their platform. Writers can get paid up to $2 per word. So, how to make money in there?

The Technology review website is one of the most popular website out there. They publish articles and tutorials related to technology. They also pay writers and writers can make some money writing for their platform. Writers can get paid up to $2 per word. So, how to make money in there?
$2 per word? Is that true? Isn't that a lot of money? So if they write a 250-word article or tutorial, will they get paid $500? I think it's too much money, are you sure of that information?

$2 per word? Is that true? Isn't that a lot of money? So if they write a 250-word article or tutorial, will they get paid $500? I think it's too much money, are you sure of that information?

Yes, there are a few companies that do pay up to $2 per word. For example, Copy Hackers may pay up to $300 for each piece you submit. In fact, they even pay up to $1,000 per article. This entirely depends on the complexity of the topic. I guess that when you submit content to them, they do pay you a lot regardless of words in case if the content is really informative. So, yes it is possible for certain companies to pay you up to that amount.

Yes, there are a few companies that do pay up to $2 per word. For example, Copy Hackers may pay up to $300 for each piece you submit. In fact, they even pay up to $1,000 per article. This entirely depends on the complexity of the topic. I guess that when you submit content to them, they do pay you a lot regardless of words in case if the content is really informative. So, yes it is possible for certain companies to pay you up to that amount.
Thank you very much for this valuable information, much appreciated, it is quite a lot of money for a single article and per word, I guess, because of what the website is called, the articles must be only about technology right?

Honestly, I've never heard of a platform that paid so much for your articles.

Thank you very much for this valuable information, much appreciated, it is quite a lot of money for a single article and per word, I guess, because of what the website is called, the articles must be only about technology right?

Honestly, I've never heard of a platform that paid so much for your articles.

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I try my best to offer the best kind of advice on the forum. :) As far as Technology Review is concerned, the article must be about Technology. You can write a 1,000 word article and make $1,000 quite easily. However, the article must be well researched. This is one of the conditions of getting your article accepted. There are many other magazines as well that pay $1 per word and technology review magazine is just one of them.

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I try my best to offer the best kind of advice on the forum. As far as Technology Review is concerned, the article must be about Technology. You can write a 1,000 word article and make $1,000 quite easily. However, the article must be well researched. This is one of the conditions of getting your article accepted. There are many other magazines as well that pay $1 per word and technology review magazine is just one of them.:)
Of course, that's what I supposed., paying that amount I suppose that the article has to be of very high quality and you have to be a professional in the field, for example in this case in technology, it is good to know that there are sites so dedicated and that they pay their writers so well, so it is good to specialize thoroughly in what you like, since there will always be great opportunities waiting for you out there.

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I try my best to offer the best kind of advice on the forum. :) As far as Technology Review is concerned, the article must be about Technology. You can write a 1,000 word article and make $1,000 quite easily. However, the article must be well researched. This is one of the conditions of getting your article accepted. There are many other magazines as well that pay $1 per word and technology review magazine is just one of them.
Does the amount is paid by cryptocurrencies or doesn't relate? Or do they only pay with PayPal? Please be more specific at this point.

Does the amount is paid by cryptocurrencies or doesn't relate? Or do they only pay with PayPal? Please be more specific at this point.
I assume they will pay with fiat money, for example through PayPal or other payment processors, because to register/subscribe, you must pay with a debit/credit card, it does not seem that this website makes payments in cryptocurrencies honestly.

If they are offering $2 per word, you should just forget about this site. They are not looking for random writers, they are looking for experts, probably native people with good grasp over the subject and having good writing skills.

If you're looking to write for a publication of any type, the first place to start is their submit page. In this case, it's https://www.technologyreview.com/how-to-pitch-mit-technology-review/. Follow their submission instructions to the letter. I would also think that signing up for their email newsletter would be a good idea, that way you know when its time to submit.

This publication is by MIT, which is a major American university. Looking into the culture of that campus and what they expect from their students is a good idea. Also, look at their reporting position: https://www.technologyreview.com/job/reporter-2/

The role will require at least 1-3 years of reporting experience in journalism, preferably with a background covering chips, AI, robotics, or computing.

Bachelors degree.

If they expect this of their employees, they won't expect anything less from their freelancers either. Since this publication is run by a college, it's likely run by the journalism majors at MIT. They can't take submissions from current students, but they likely prioritize alumni who have previously worked on staff there and probably know how that journal runs internally. I say this based on my experience working for college publications previously.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back