Not open for further replies.

pwarbi

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Sep 20, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Buying your first kit is always going to be a big step for any young drummer, and while there is a lot of different kits on the market that you can simply buy off the shelf, is it worth paying that amount of money for a standard kit? What kind of prices are we looking at when we go to buy our first kits, and is it worth buying separate instead and mixing and matching what we want right from the start, because we know that the more experienced we get, the more we will want to experiment at a later date.

Making an investment in a drum kit is no joke, so I am guessing that anyone before doing it has collected a lot of information from the school where they are learning or the people they know from the musical scene. According to how deep our pockets are, and to how far we want to get in music, that's how expensive the equipment will be I believe.

I would always look both online and on physical stores, second hand is also certainly worth considering.

Making an investment in a drum kit is no joke, so I am guessing that anyone before doing it has collected a lot of information from the school where they are learning or the people they know from the musical scene. According to how deep our pockets are, and to how far we want to get in music, that's how expensive the equipment will be I believe.

I would always look both online and on physical stores, second hand is also certainly worth considering.

Learning any instrument can be expensive, and so I guess you are right when you say that a lot is going to depend on your budget as to what you can get. There are a lot of people though, and especially those that have learned how to play the drums but don't have a kit of their own that will be itching to get started so will inevitably buy what they can't really afford.

While that's obviously not a wise move, if you do end up spending more than you should, any instrument rarely loses it's value entirely so even if you do give up playing for whatever reason then at least you'll know that you'll be able to get some of your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back