What's new

How much capital, in terms of time, is needed to start a business?

The amount of Capital you will need to have and start a business will depend on the type of business you want to do. If for example you want to invest in the real estate business for example the total amount you will need to do that will be much more lesser than those who want to invest in the oil and gas Business and investment

Of course when it comes to a business the amount of capital that you will need in order to start that business will vary based on the business model that you have. For example someone that is looking to sell clothes may need a small investment and someone that is looking to sell electronic items because the cost of each item may be lower for their business. So in that regard the amount of capital that you need is going to be dependent on what type of business you own.

However, in terms of a time period, how much capital do you think is needed in order to start a business? In my opinion starting of a business is always a slow venture as you build up your customer base, and they always initial capital investment such up to pay off before you can start earning a profit. Therefore, I think that when you start a business you should have at least six to eight months worth of capital that can give you going through all this time in order to cover your operating costs and possible losses through this time.

What do you think will be a suitable time period that you should account for when starting up your own business?
I disagree with your assertion concerning someone investing on clothing business that he only need small money to invest. I've seen people who invested millions of money in starting up a clothing/fashion business. Rather I will have you say it depends on the amount of money at your disposal to start business.

Well, in terms of business when it comes to rendering your time as a capital..You definitely need to give it all of your time
For you to profit anything out of your business..you will need to give it all of your time

Time and business are not mutually exclusive, the both walks hand in hand so long as you're the person running the business. But, if it's the kind of business that you only execute and it will be run by a firm then the time consumption will only be when you're executing such business.

I disagree with your assertion concerning someone investing on clothing business that he only need small money to invest. I've seen people who invested millions of money in starting up a clothing/fashion business. Rather I will have you say it depends on the amount of money at your disposal to start business.
Excellent counterpoint. What I was referrign to was in the case of a small business, there would be a greater amoutn of capital that may be required in order to meet a specific stock requirement of your business dpending on the venture and what you get into. However, you have proven a very valid point in that it is dependent on the amount that you are willing or able to invest at that point. Of course the capital that you have a your disposal would be the deciding factor in all of these cases such as the size of your business and so forth.

The time you invest into your business depends on the type of business you are running.... some businesses require very little capital and so much time while others require so much money and no time..... someone who is running a poultry business must put in time and money

I will start by saying, capital is the back bone of every business Even above the Experience and skills needed to establish a business. But note that business varies so do their capital to start up varies too. Hence, you can not generalize the capital needed to start up a business. What you need to do is write out the outline and determine the cost for your business.

For an up coming business, the time would be much because it needs patience to build a business. The patience is the amount of time you leave to attend to the business without hurrying up or having shortage of time.

The amount of capital that a business need depends on the type of business that you want to start, if it's a big business, then you need a big capital, if it's a small business then you need a small capital, if it's an average business. Small businesses requires small capital why big businesses requires large capitals. Most big businesses requires investors to invest in the business to start it up.

This varies greatly from business to business. Some business need your full time while some need just 6hours of your time or even less. You can even employ someone which let you have a handful of time to yourself.

Of course when it comes to a business the amount of capital that you will need in order to start that business will vary based on the business model that you have. For example someone that is looking to sell clothes may need a small investment and someone that is looking to sell electronic items because the cost of each item may be lower for their business. So in that regard the amount of capital that you need is going to be dependent on what type of business you own.

However, in terms of a time period, how much capital do you think is needed in order to start a business? In my opinion starting of a business is always a slow venture as you build up your customer base, and they always initial capital investment such up to pay off before you can start earning a profit. Therefore, I think that when you start a business you should have at least six to eight months worth of capital that can give you going through all this time in order to cover your operating costs and possible losses through this time.

What do you think will be a suitable time period that you should account for when starting up your own business?
The first business I owned, it wasn't done on a large scale, neither a medium scale as well, everything kept on a low key and I spent around 20$ setting it up, more reason I never did it in a high key was the risk involved,. I was a newbie in the business and you need experience with knowledge in business before you begin to expand your horizon of operation

The first business I owned, it wasn't done on a large scale, neither a medium scale as well, everything kept on a low key and I spent around 20$ setting it up, more reason I never did it in a high key was the risk involved,. I was a newbie in the business and you need experience with knowledge in business before you begin to expand your horizon of operation
$20 to set up a business is a very small capital investment and definitely worth taking the risk there. I can understand why you would take that risk, because it is a good pilot business or a trial business as they call it, in order to see if scaling it up would be considered to be profitable or not. What was the success of the business that you started up? And what type of business was it that it required such a small capital investment?

Everything depends on the kind of business you are doing. How much capital you need and how much time you need to start your business is directly proportional to what business you are doing and how you are doing. If your business is selling on ebay, you can start your business under $100 and just in one day

According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, most microbusinesses cost around $3,000 to start, while most home-based franchises cost $2,000 to $5,000. While every type of business has its own financing needs, experts have some tips to help you figure out how much cash you'll require.

Yes, this is an area that may have been overlooked. Sure capital is needed to start a business but also capital is needed to run the business for a while till the business can generate its own profit. Knowing the time capital required depends on the type of business it is.

According to my own point of view, twenty thousand dollars well be enough for you to start a business in terms of time. But it all depends on how you want the best to be. Because you can open a business in a small way and you can also open in a large form

To venture in to any business be it large and small you have to do your fisibility study as to plan the business very well. So it now depends on your capital that will determine the scale at which you will be operating in the business.

It depends on the type of business you're into, if you're into an offline business you have to spend more than 15 hours in the store
But if you're into an online business you can spend close to 10 hours with your work and your business

It depends on what do ever business you want to go into so we also know there is no successful business that will require more capital and the more you increase your capital ,the more you will gain in it.
Post automatically merged:

It depends on what do ever business you want to go into so we also know there is no successful business that will require more capital and the more you increase your capital ,the more you will gain in it.
Yes, it's true that there is no business that not require a huge capital but still there are many business that do not require huge capital as that to start from small. Therefore, the more you spend a capital on it to extend is the more you will be able to make a profit.

How much capital in term of time is needed to startup a business. Well to me the question is not different from. How capital did it take me to establish my own business. Well that's a good question but for one to know to know the required money or capital to startup a business, one must have plan about the line of business he or she is going into, but some still fail after this planning but in does cases that's why we have loans

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back