What's new

Hiring managers internally or externally?

It depends on the skill set required and also the existing employees skill set. If you have the required skill set in the existing employees, then you can go ahead and promote them internally.

However, if their skill set is not enough, then it's better to hire someone externally to do the job for you. Not everyone is a good leader and not everyone is a good follower. If people can adapt then it's all well and good but for many people, accommodating new things can be really hard( this applies for me too).

I am no good with management but if I have to, then I will do it. If given a chance, I will pass it on to others. I don't like dealing with people and if someone wouldn't complete their work on time, I can't really let that slide.

Well I don't know much about this but for me It is better to hire from workers you already know and trust. This also incentivizes workers to work harder knowing there is a chance for a promotion

This also involves spending a considerable outlay in order to hire the freelancer's services, and that money could be used for other purposes for the benefit of the whole organization.

If you want to get a job done, then you must not care about money. In case you do not have a professional worker in your own organisation, then you must hire freelancers.

If you want to get a job done, then you must not care about money. In case you do not have a professional worker in your own organisation, then you must hire freelancers.
I can get behind this point, no doubt. It might be expensive, but the successful completion of the work is the primary objective, and I think once it is realized, the money paid may not be so much of a factor.

I prefer hiring managers internally. The main reason I like to hire from within is that it's more likely to lead to a long-term relationship between the employee and the company.

In my experience, when you hire someone who's already part of your company, they know exactly what the company culture is like, so they can immediately fit in without having to learn anything new. They also have a better understanding of what's expected of them, and they are more likely to stick around if they're happy with their job and if they see opportunities for growth within the organization.

Another reason I prefer hiring managers internally is because it makes it easier for me as a manager to get along with them. If we're already friends or colleagues, we'll have an easier time communicating effectively with each other and working together on projects. This will help us complete our work faster and more efficiently than if we'd been strangers before working together (which can happen when someone is hired externally).

I can get behind this point, no doubt. It might be expensive, but the successful completion of the work is the primary objective, and I think once it is realized, the money paid may not be so much of a factor.

Some companies may also consider their budget before they hire a person and this is why they may try to take advantage of the employees who are already working internally.

Some companies may also consider their budget before they hire a person and this is why they may try to take advantage of the employees who are already working internally.
I agree with your opinion. I think that the budget plays a major part in hiring freelancers, as well as the quality of work they deliver. With that being said, the decision to choose an internal personnel depends on the organization in question.

I agree with your opinion. I think that the budget plays a major part in hiring freelancers, as well as the quality of work they deliver. With that being said, the decision to choose an internal personnel depends on the organization in question.

Nowadays if you want to hire a freelancer, then you must pay a good amount of money. Offering unfair rates to your workers would soon burn them out and they may stop working for you.

Nowadays if you want to hire a freelancer, then you must pay a good amount of money. Offering unfair rates to your workers would soon burn them out and they may stop working for you.
This is true, but I do feel some clients have taken advantage of the immense competition in the freelancing industry to exploit clients and make them do more work at a lower fee

This is true, but I do feel some clients have taken advantage of the immense competition in the freelancing industry to exploit clients and make them do more work at a lower fee

When it comes to competition, people usually take advantage and I think that this is a really common thing when it comes to running a business in any place.

When it comes to competition, people usually take advantage and I think that this is a really common thing when it comes to running a business in any place.
You raise a good point. Clients tend to look for the cheaper option when deciding on a freelancer to work with, and so the immense competition does not do you any favours in this regard.

Both internal and external employees are good in business practices just that business owners do not always want to spend much to produce quality but spend low to produce quality and this is highly intensive. However internal employees have its purpose to fulfil in contributing greatly to the organization likewise external employees.

Thats a normal thing to do when competiting with other business organisation, you make proper research to know their weak point and turning that into your own advantage by working on your competitors weak point .

I think one of good decision is to hire from existing because that will leads to a better profit other then that give the opportunities to new ones as well to get best employees.

You raise a good point. Clients tend to look for the cheaper option when deciding on a freelancer to work with, and so the immense competition does not do you any favours in this regard.

Right now the inflation level is really high and I do not think that that the clients in the freelancing market must consider looking for a really cheap option! Freelancers deserve to get paid good amount of money.
Thats a normal thing to do when competiting with other business organisation, you make proper research to know their weak point and turning that into your own advantage by working on your competitors weak point .

You must understand and realise your weak points before your competitor does. Prices of products is one of the major aspect that your competitor may consider.

Last edited:
It is preferable to hire people you already know and can rely on. This encourages workers to put in more effort because they know they may get promoted.

Hiring employees who have work hard and has impacted positively in your business into the management position in the business is the best way. You are likely to enjoy the best of their service if this is done.

Hiring employees who have work hard and has impacted positively in your business into the management position in the business is the best way. You are likely to enjoy the best of their service if this is done.

Well, this is why the past record of employees is considered much when it comes to hiring them in the first place or promoting them in case they are working in the company.

Well, this is why the past record of employees is considered much when it comes to hiring them in the first place or promoting them in case they are working in the company.
Yea, hiring a stranger without any proper passed record of their business experience and some other things may not likely be suitable than people you have work with and you knownl what they are capable of doing positively.

Yea, hiring a stranger without any proper passed record of their business experience and some other things may not likely be suitable than people you have work with and you knownl what they are capable of doing positively.

Well, there are many companies and people online who hire strangers when it comes to freelancers. However, the money of employers are protected by escrow system. Both freelancer and the freelancer are protected by the freelancing site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back