What's new

Hiring managers internally or externally?

AlexanderM

Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
When a business manager or owner is looking for management, do you think they should hire within (internally) and promote existing staff members who want to progress or hire someone externally? Is it good business practise and incentive for employees to promote within the company?

When a business manager or owner is looking for management, do you think they should hire within (internally) and promote existing staff members who want to progress or hire someone externally? Is it good business practise and incentive for employees to promote within the company?
I think an employer should hire from the existing staff because it will motivate and encourage them to perform better and get promoted to higher positions.

This will also benefit the business or organization in the long term.

The best thing is to hire those who are in the company's system already because they are conversant with the company. This is why it is preferable to promote the existing staff with impeccable character to the position of a manager.

If i am the owner the company and i am hiring new manager , I prefer hiring someone within the company that already knows everything about the affairs of the organisation because it will be easy to promote the business with that rather than employing a total stranger outside.

When it comes to the issue of job fit and the right individual to fill in a position,it should be based on merrit and competence,If the internal staff have the capacity to fill the position,then they should be considered,else they should look else where.

Hiring somebody internally is very important because they already have an inside of what is needed to grow that particular organisation to the level that they are supposed to reach.

I believe it's better to look internally when it comes to hiring a new manager. This is because the process is cost-effective and it is always likely that the person is already familiar with the organization.

If there's someone who is capable enough to assume that role I would prefer hiring internally than bringing in from an external personel.
My own view

To me I think hiring a manager internally is just the best because he or she is already equipped with the knowledge of how the establishment runs and how success can be achieved faster. Whereas an external manager will need time to learn a lot about the establishment and this is not good for business because some how the level of success usually recorded by the establishment will depreciate.

Hiring external managers to manage one's business is not a bad idea, but I think it would be preferable if the manager were from the staff members of that particular organization. It makes running the affairs easier and faster for growth as the person is already conversant with happenings there.

Hiring a manager within the company or organisation is the best way to go about it when trying to get a new manager , because the person you hired within the company has been working there and knows a lot about the company.

If you are having somebody within the organisation that has proven competence and capability than that is first going to be the best to manage a place because he knows the ideals of the company.

If you are having somebody within the organisation that has proven competence and capability than that is first going to be the best to manage a place because he knows the ideals of the company.
I agree with you. It's better to hire a competent staff from within your organization. It will lead to better cooperation amongst workers and seamless handling of responsibilities.

There is nothing wrong hiring a manager because the manager will actually run your business successfully so if you want to hire a manager you need to try and know his qualification,

his pass experience and the knowledge he had in that feild but a manager with higher qualification will cost you alot

There is nothing wrong hiring a manager because the manager will actually run your business successfully so if you want to hire a manager you need to try and know his qualification,

his pass experience and the knowledge he had in that feild but a manager with higher qualification will cost you alot
One of the drawbacks of hiring someone internally is that there might be lack of respect from the staff since they are used to seeing the person as a regular staff in the organization.

Managers should be hired internally because you need someone's who knowa all about the activities of the business and also knows how to handle the business from the inside.

Managers should be hired internally because you need someone's who knowa all about the activities of the business and also knows how to handle the business from the inside.
Well, you have made a good point obviously. Hiring someone internally will promote co-operation between the new manager and the staff since he is already familiar with how the organization is ran.

manager need to be hired they where train for that purpose so I think that when you hire a manger you will be able to keep your business in a safe mode and ensure that your financial status is well protected (am refering to the business)

There are many companies that outsource managers. It is becoming a new trend for hiring managers on short term basis and they must sign contracts in order to work with the company. It all depends on companies policies.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back