What's new

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes?

I have not personally dealth with any such issues and probably I will never face such issue because I am not interested in investing in real estate business. In my country, there are a lot of problems associated with the real estate business, so I just do not want to get into this business,

A land dispute is a disagreement over the control, ownership, or disposition of land between two or more parties, sometimes by a state, other times by a private party. When addressing a territorial dispute, the litigation can go on for years without any form of settlement or agreement.

I haven't have land dispute because am not into business, is only those that on the business can have such problem because land is always bringing issues.

Land dispute is a blood sucking war that's not meant for the faint hearted. In my country, people employ every unimaginable evil tactics possible whenever there's a dispute because of land. Some relatives will go to the extent of killing the land owner, then declaring all out war on the nuclear family of the slain land owner just to inherit his land.

Land dispute is one of those things you don't want to meander into if you're from my country.
Post automatically merged:

Land dispute is a blood sucking war that's not meant for the faint hearted. In my country, people employ every unimaginable evil tactics possible whenever there's a dispute because of land. Some relatives will go to the extent of killing the land owner, then declaring all out war on the nuclear family of the slain land owner just to inherit his land.

Land dispute is one of those things you don't want to meander into if you're from my country.

Inhave bought a property once that later got me into a great battle witj the person that sold it to me. It endednin court. It was a very long court case

In my country stuff like that is very popular. Land dispute is avoidable when you get you land through the right means and do the proper paperwork for it

few years back a person brought someone to buy a land which does not belong to him he claim to be the owner without knowing the person he brought was a relative to me so he has to expose the plan of the 1st party.

From the part of the world where i come from land dispute is like an everyday activity. There are some people shoes job is just to settle disputes and make money

Land disputes are a common thing here in my country, there are some cases that my parents were even involved, but it didn't get to court as we had religious leaders who resolved the issue.

My brother was offered a farm land in a nearby province. He and his business partner closed the deal to buy each a hectare of land with fruit trees. But before consummating the sale, my brother and his partner went to the site with their families for a picnic. They were chased by the caretaker who holds the rights to the land. Fortunately they have not paid yet so they escaped the possible land dispute case.

Land dispute is something I don't wish my enemy to be involved in especially in Africa. Whenever there is any land issue between two parties the next thing one of them will be thinking is to kill the other person.
Land dispute sometimes can be tragical because sometimes it involves lost of life although I have never had been involved any land disputes before but I've heard stories about land dispute.

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes, either from neighbors, the community, etc? A few years back, I purchased a run down home. One of the neighbors got into it with me when I found out that I owned a portion of his land, land that he was using. I wasn't about asking him to tear anything down or move the fence. I instead offered to sell the piece of land for a fair price to make it 100% his own, but he wasn't having it. Kept denying it, even when I showed him my ownership, showing the amount of land owned by me. It proved that he was over into my property. I decided to instead just give him the bit of land and not deal with any court cases, as I just wanted to renovate, and sell anyway.
I once had an experience concerning a land dispute between my father and anither man, my father was building a foundation on our site when we realised our land has been resold for another person, but we got lucky because we have the original land document.

I once had an experience concerning a land dispute between my father and anither man, my father was building a foundation on our site when we realised our land has been resold for another person, but we got lucky because we have the original land document.
From articles that I am reading online, cases like this are prevalent in Nigeria and it's best to engage a lawyer always so that people don't joke with you.

Not my self directly tho but my parents once had with our current land now. The case was taken to court and it took years before the matter was finally settled. Land dispute is one thing i hate so much and pray i dont come across it myself

From articles that I am reading online, cases like this are prevalent in Nigeria and it's best to engage a lawyer always so that people don't joke with you.
Getting a lawyer is the best thing you can do to win your land back and secondly, whenever you are buying a land, always make sure you get the neccesary document for the confirmation.

I hope I won't get into a dispute over properties. That is why it important to be careful and also make sure to double-check the papers of a property for purchase.

I hope I won't get into a dispute over properties. That is why it important to be careful and also make sure to double-check the papers of a property for purchase.
Yeah especially in Nigeria here because people are ready to do anything when it comes to land disputes, some people even go as far as employing diabolical means

I have never dealt with any land disputes before but my mum did. Some years back she bought two plots of land, after works had started on the land parts of the land were encroached by a man who claimed the parts he used was also sold to him. It was later settled in the court.

I have never had any land dispute with anyone as I am a person that avoids disputes but I hear stories of several people when I go to the village who even go to the extent of kiing each other.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back