What's new

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever had to deal with land disputes, either from neighbors, the community, etc? A few years back, I purchased a run down home. One of the neighbors got into it with me when I found out that I owned a portion of his land, land that he was using. I wasn't about asking him to tear anything down or move the fence. I instead offered to sell the piece of land for a fair price to make it 100% his own, but he wasn't having it. Kept denying it, even when I showed him my ownership, showing the amount of land owned by me. It proved that he was over into my property. I decided to instead just give him the bit of land and not deal with any court cases, as I just wanted to renovate, and sell anyway.

I travelled far from home recently and was privilege to be in a place where there vast lots of land but its so unfortunate that there is war on this land which i overhead from an indigene of the land. She said why is it that people are dying everyday just because of land. I'v not been in s situation to deal with the dispute anyway and not planning to.

Land dispute can be very stressful,especially when both parties are not coming to terms. In Nigeria, one can spend almost twenty years for a land dispute to be settled,i have witnessed one that has to do with my dad and a commercial bank.

I have not had any land disputes, but if I have lived very close to it, it is something very complicated. But having the necessary documentation of ownership and processing everything in the related governmental entities, everything could be solved amicably between the parties, reaching agreements beneficial to both.

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes, either from neighbors, the community, etc? A few years back, I purchased a run down home. One of the neighbors got into it with me when I found out that I owned a portion of his land, land that he was using. I wasn't about asking him to tear anything down or move the fence. I instead offered to sell the piece of land for a fair price to make it 100% his own, but he wasn't having it. Kept denying it, even when I showed him my ownership, showing the amount of land owned by me. It proved that he was over into my property. I decided to instead just give him the bit of land and not deal with any court cases, as I just wanted to renovate, and sell anyway.
Land dispute is like a war in my country where some poplemeven went extreme by killing each other just because of land, there are some cases where a piece of land are sold to two people and it will be survival of the fittest, you will even see some people destroying another person's foundation by claiming he owns the land.

Land is a scarce commodity in almost everywhere and the fight for the limited resources available become very tense. I have never been involve in any land dispute befre but have seen around me get involved in land dispute and it usually not very funny.

I don't own a land, therefore, I have been saved from getting into land dispute. However, I see a lot of land owners battling with land disputes, some even have pending cause sin the court. My parents too have gone through land dispute.

Land disputes is quite fascinating and illustrious because of the negativity attached to it I prefer staying in a free or small space with less violence

NO, I have never had a cause to deal with land issues or anything related to property or real estate, but I do hear a lot of issues concerning such in my environment and surrounding. But I never experienced such.

T
This is one of the reasons I'm always scared when it comes to the issues of buying land. You can't afford to buy a land and still find yourself disputing it with others.

Yes I have, there was a time someone building his house close to us caught a part of our land to do is fence. We had a huge quarell about it but because of his monetary influence in the community we didn't win the dispute... One has to be extremely careful when dealing with land dispute.

Land dispute is like a war in my country where some poplemeven went extreme by killing each other just because of land, there are some cases where a piece of land are sold to two people and it will be survival of the fittest, you will even see some people destroying another person's foundation by claiming he owns the land.
When I read your publication, it really saddens me that there are countries in such critical situations that go to such extremes, to kill someone for the fight for land. But that happens in your country and at one time it happened in mine. People often give more value to material things than to life itself.

Yes, earlier last year, before the pandemic hit hard, i acquired a piece of land along the coastal strip. Two months later, someone else appeared with a title deed saying that he owns the land.

Yes I have had a deal of land dispute, and it was a very bad experience, this is because I bought a land that was already sold to another person.

Land dispute is actually a real war that may take lives if proper care is not taken. There was one that I experienced where the man sold land without the consent of the other family members

Since land underpins so much of human life, it almost always plays a role in wars and civil unrest. Land disputes are a recurring theme in many violent conflicts around the world. Competition for limited fertile land and poor resource control are at the root of ongoing tribal violence in Nigeria and Sudan. Conflicts in Liberia and Sierra Leone were sparked by disagreements over land and valuable mineral resources.

I am bought many land but I have never deal with land disputes, this is because I always buy land from a good source, and get a good documents for the land

I have had different land dispute when it comes to price of land and location of the land. Sometimes people do have land dispute amongst family.

Unfortunately land disputes is mostly common in the underdeveloped countries, say Nigeria for example, proper laws are not on ground to protect land owners against those that call themselves children of the land, so a lot still has to be done

Land dispute is something I don't wish my enemy to be involved in especially in Africa. Whenever there is any land issue between two parties the next thing one of them will be thinking is to kill the other person.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back