What's new

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes?

Yeah, we've had to. The land we bought was being disputed by two families back then and was even almost abandoned and an embargo placed on it. But how we secured it was using the influence of one of the community land settlers and we got it at a cheap price

No I haven't, but I have witnessed one before in my neighborhood. The rankor was so though that they had to go to Court to settle it.

An acquaintance was unfortunate to buy a land that had been sold to another person. He got lucky to be able to get 3/4 of his money back after several back and forth with the land seller who wasn't the owner by the way.

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes, either from neighbors, the community, etc? A few years back, I purchased a run down home. One of the neighbors got into it with me when I found out that I owned a portion of his land, land that he was using. I wasn't about asking him to tear anything down or move the fence. I instead offered to sell the piece of land for a fair price to make it 100% his own, but he wasn't having it. Kept denying it, even when I showed him my ownership, showing the amount of land owned by me. It proved that he was over into my property. I decided to instead just give him the bit of land and not deal with any court cases, as I just wanted to renovate, and sell anyway.
Most times how to avoid some of these issues is to get the property you intend to buy from the right source.You should insist of seeing where the land is registered under the lands and housing sector.With these some of these problems would not arise.

I don't pray for land disputes in my life, it always tough while sometimes it might resulted to death, pls do your assignment very well before you purchase land

If you ain't really strong or brave enough , i won't advice you to step into land dispute , in my locality here some land dispute always land in jinx or your rival put a hex on you which might turn out to be an affliction or result to death

Land disputes is one of the difficult things to settle especially when their two different documents that lay claim of ownership to the land. Tracing back how the land ownership has been transfered is very difficult.

Land dispute is a thing of concern. You hard find a community especially in this part of Africa without this issue. Some may lead to killing and all that and most times require an intervention from government

Have you ever had to deal with land disputes, either from neighbors, the community, etc? A few years back, I purchased a run down home. One of the neighbors got into it with me when I found out that I owned a portion of his land, land that he was using. I wasn't about asking him to tear anything down or move the fence. I instead offered to sell the piece of land for a fair price to make it 100% his own, but he wasn't having it. Kept denying it, even when I showed him my ownership, showing the amount of land owned by me. It proved that he was over into my property. I decided to instead just give him the bit of land and not deal with any court cases, as I just wanted to renovate, and sell anyway.
The best way to deal with any land issue is to take such case to a fair court, contend for that which is rightly yours, else they might think you're not knowledgeable about your properties and may likely continue exploiting you. However, if you feel like being an altruist, then you let the person causing the land dispute to be aware of his or her encroachment on your land, then you can allow such person.

Land dispute is really a common occurrence in developing countries especially in Africa,my land lord is currently battli

I haven't directly being involved in a land dispute but it obviously trickles down. A piece of land owned by grandmother in a reasonable urban area has been a source of contention for sometimes now. When it comes to this part of the world one has to tread carefully when dealing with land disputes. Lots of people lost their life already.

I haven't directly being involved in a land dispute but it obviously trickles down. A piece of land owned by grandmother in a reasonable urban area has been a source of contention for sometimes now. When it comes to this part of the world one has to tread carefully when dealing with land disputes. Lots of people lost their life already.
The mention of the loss of life reminds me of a writer friend whose land that he bought was being claimed by another. There were thugs involved that harmed my friend. They had to resort to court otherwise they will not have peace there. Fortunately my friend won the case.

The mention of the loss of life reminds me of a writer friend whose land that he bought was being claimed by another. There were thugs involved that harmed my friend. They had to resort to court otherwise they will not have peace there. Fortunately my friend won the case.
I guess your friend is from a developed country where the rule of law supersede. In some less developed places people resort to the use of thuggery and voodoo to snatch lands. If the person won't yield the land and won't die they will target the person's kids as revenge.

Land dispute isn't worth the risks attached to it especially in my home country where your head can go down the line. I'm scared about this and when I want to buy a line, I would go through a real estate company to avoid unnecessary risk.

I don't own a land, therefore, I have been saved from getting into land dispute. However, I see a lot of land owners battling with land disputes, some even have pending cause sin the court. My parents too have gone through land dispute.
Land dispute is very common in my area because most of the times , the land owner will sell a piece of land to at least three different buyers and that always causes disputes between the buyers.

Land dispute is inevitable most especially in the rural settings or rural areas between one client and the other or even between family members.

Land dispute cases in something that is very common in the rural areas especially where there are a lot of families that are in connection with having a community land that they need to share.

I have never had any land dispute and I wish never to have because I heard a lot of horrible stories about people going extra mile just to get the land.

I have never had any land dispute and I wish never to have because I heard a lot of horrible stories about people going extra mile just to get the land.
Yes, I would never wish anyone close to me this, land disputes is something one should avoid and not be proud of it. Most of those stories you might have heard are actually true, my parents have experienced this, and it was not a good experience at all

I have not deal with any land disputes though but it used to be a very tough one. This is because some of the disputes take life. One of the causes is when an agent will sell one land to more than one persons, then they will begin to drag who the owner of the land is. It is just my take though.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back