What's new

Have you ever bought a house that you had to rebuild from the ground up?

I've never built a house myself, but I have known people who purchased old, rundown houses, and would remodel them. But sometimes they have to rebuild from the ground up because sometimes these old houses are too rundown. Have you ever had to remodel from the ground up?
Same to me. I have never build a house of myself. But it happens,you may buy a house and decide to remodel it to keep the house attractive and interesting.

I have never bought a housing property in my life. I rent out apartment which I am living at but I'm also planning to acquire my own house in the future.

I've never built a house myself, but I have known people who purchased old, rundown houses, and would remodel them. But sometimes they have to rebuild from the ground up because sometimes these old houses are too rundown. Have you ever had to remodel from the ground up?
Over here, it's something that's very commonly done by most people who came back from European countries with lots of money to throw around. They buy old buildings, demolish it and build it all anew.

I wouldn't buy house that requires rebuilding from ground. If the property that I buy needs to be rebuilt from ground, I would only pay the price for the land not for the property.

Yes , you are right, there are some houses and buildings like that which doesn't suit the taste of the new buyer,mi mean the house and buildings might be old fashion, so it needed to be demolished and built from the start.

No I haven't bought a house and rebuild it from the scratch again. But I have seen people buy houses and demolish it and built it up again. Probably because the house is run down and it is cheap and in a good location.

Instead of doing something of this nature, I would rather spend my time trying to get a new land and build the said house, except if I won't be paying much.

I wouldn't buy house that requires rebuilding from ground. If the property that I buy needs to be rebuilt from ground, I would only pay the price for the land not for the property.
I don't know if people can even be interested to buy this because it's not going to be profitable , what is the need of buying a house then you later have to rebuild it over again from the ground.

Personally I have never done this, but I do know of someone who is into this kind of real estate, he busy old structures and remodels them then sells them out for higher price or in some cases, he rents them out.

If you have to buy a house just to rebuild it then such house should be lesser in price to a complete already available house or the house is an investment to make source of income.

No I haven't but I know this is a common phenomenon that occurs everywhere. One thing I'm surprised about though I'd how people don't take this seriously; I know of a house purchased as a bungalow originally but the new owner has added another floor to it without increasing the foundation depth.

If the house is dilapidated or does not fit into the purpose of purchase, I will pull it down and erect another one that suits my taste in line with government regulations and building practice. Even if I don't pull it down, I can carry out renovations.

I am not into the real estate business and so i have not gotten a house that I have to demolish after buying it. Although, it's very possible if you find out some defects in the building.

I haven't bought a property for instance a house that I had to rebuild from the ground up, but I have a few acquaintance who did and this been because of the location of such property or house and it's valuability in terms of accessibility.

I haven't bought a property for instance a house that I had to rebuild from the ground up, but I have a few acquaintance who did and this been because of the location of such property or house and it's valuability in terms of accessibility.
Location is one important factor to consider. An area will become developed over time, making land that's empty hard to find. Someone will have to get a developed property and remodel it to your taste.

Noo, I never had such experience before. I do not even consider that as buying of a house if I have to build it from the scratch. I'll just buy a land at once because that's a complete waste of money.

Although I personally I have never bought a house that I have to rebuild it again but I have come in contact with people who both houses or incomplete houses that are not used and rebuild them and make it fashionable before starting using them.

I personally have not bought such kind of houses though I am into estate business but I only go for standard hous or property that I dont have to spend much on it.
Actually I will rather prefer to buy property and rebuild it again. Buying such kind of property is not that expensive as compared to those that the property is still standards at the time you buy.

Last edited:
i remember a particular man living in my area around 2010, he bought a house, demolish some of the structures and re built the house. but what i vividly recall was the stress and the money it cost the man, according to him, he said he wished he built on an empty land.

I have never bought a house that I had to rebuild from the ground yet, instead I would prefer to buy a new land, plan my house and build it the way I want.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back