What's new

Government job versus private job?

Both the public and private sectors have a role to play. For outside of the ordinary businesses, private sector employment opportunities are likely to be more efficient and improved. Reducing the scope of public spending could create more opportunities for the private sector to invest and create jobs.

Private jobs are good and sometimes pay decent salaries and are fun. But then in poor and developing countries like Nigeria that can't be said. Government jobs are the life savers in poor countries because private is a whole problem.

I think government job is better than a private job, I really prefer a government job because you will have other time to do what you want to do unlike a private job. Although there are some private job better moroever as a whole government job is better.

I have heard people say government job is better because of security and pension after retirement but i have seen very successful people from the private sector who are doing really well after retirement.It all balls down to how you manage your funds during the service period and how ready you made your self for retirement.

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Which of these two sectors will you want to work in and why?
I would prefer to work in a government owned organization than private. There is job security in a government owned organization. You don't have to be fill up with fear of losing your job all of a sudden.

I would always prevent a private institution anytime any day government work is really good but if you have a private institution paying the same amount or even higher amount than the government will prefer you go for the private because governments wahala is real

It depends on individual preference and the types of the private or government job. Some private companies pays 10 times of what most ministries offer as salaries, if you work in that kind of environment you would have achieved a lot within few years of working. While government jobs has better security. In my country, if you retire as a government worker getting your pension monthly is an herculean task.

I would rather work the government than work with private sector because there is job security working with the government but most private sector can fold up at any given time on like the government that would pay graduity after a ten years period of work.

i fully prefer the government job to the private institutions due to the high level of job security. Thd pays in the government parastatals are already scheduled for increase as time goes. THe job security in the private sector is really coupled with the tight work schedules in which you may not have enough extra periods fod yourself.

Government job versus private job, private job are not always funny, I will tag private job as Slavery your labor ends with the business owner, he can decide to lay you off at anytime of his choice but government job is guaranteed.

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Which of these two sectors will you want to work in and why?
For a while, I loathed government job.

But after unsuccessfully trying an online business, I now know why people still choose to be employees instead of self-employed.

We must survive, and we need money for that. Besides, being an employee is not too bad.

Government job is more preferable than private sector. Government job will give you enough time to take care of your family and handle your businesses. In a private sector there is no good treatment, you can be sacked without notice, then reduction of salaries or lack of payment.

There are many advantages attached to doing a government job . But in spite of this many people do not like to pursue a public career due to lack of opportunities and want to shift to private sector without having to wait for longer period.
government and private sectors are two different cases in private sector the owners of the sector should use too more to his salary that give you no facilities and allowance will give you
on the other way a government sector is best for you you can easily work no pressure on it give the facilities to you
Post automatically merged:

There are many advantages attached to doing a government job . But in spite of this many people do not like to pursue a public career due to lack of opportunities and want to shift to private sector without having to wait for longer period.
government and private sectors are two different cases in private sector the owners of the sector should use too more to his salary that give you no facilities and allowance will give you
on the other way a government sector is best for you you can easily work no pressure on it give the facilities to you

The only perk about government jobs is the security and retirement plan. Outside of that government jobs in my country are really not that it. The pay is meager except for specific industries like inland revenue, oil, and gas, etc. You ed up a monotonous job that doesn't let you grow.

Concerning your question, I would say that government jobs have many benefits and in some case, they pay more. I thought of working in public service once and still planning to take an exam for it because it has many opportunities but it won't be for good. I'm more interested in private sector and hopefully to start my own business. The business is though is on my mind

People are prone to government jobs as compared to private sector in Pakistan. Most of the young generation wants to join government jobs and give least priority to the private jobs. Here the question arises; why do people have more preference to work in the government sector despite having 3 times more salary in private jobs? Although the private sector is more advanced and provides handsome salary packages, it is less secure and very hectic for the employees.

From my own perspective, I think it's better to start from the private sector they move on later to the public sector to retire. Because most public-sector jobs have job security and it is not as stressful as working in a private organisation

I would personally prefer working ina private setting to a government establishment. I like the competitive environment that is obtainable in a private business. Government establishment has it own advantage as it provides job security to its workers.

In my country everyone wants a government job because of the permanent job and also fund after retirement. In private jobs there aren't any security they might give you resign next day. Private jobs have better income where government jobs have better retirement plans.

I work in the government for twenty years and in these times, I can only survive but never had the chance to move forward career wise. Government is full of politics, and they only put employees to higher position when it is their supporter or the family or relatives are supporter during election. They are violators of the Civil Service Service Law and the same with the Commission they bend their laws too to favor those will not pass their requirements for certain position. Disapproval of appointment are all a show coz the Local Executives will justify their reasons and will approve after. I will not advise my children to be in the government service especially in the Local Government. It's a waste of your knowledge and more so a waste of yourself. It's too late before I realize that I can't change work now.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back