What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

For a new business it is not advisable to employ family and friends because the business may run down through them and also you alone will bear risk and the lost they will not share from the lost all they will be after is for them to embezzle the money.

It's advisable to employ friends and family in a new business but still not all family members are trustworthy, so you need to be vigilant so you don't employ the wrong one.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
In economics, there is something called an implicit cost which involves the cost of the things done by you or your friends or family which on a normal day, you are supposed to pay for but because they are doing it for free or at low cost, it is recorded as an implicit cost. Thus, no big deal in having them in your business if they are going to understand the ethics of your business.

There are a lot of people who live and know the value of keeping things professional when it comes to business but for me I would not because my family and friends do not see I that way. Another thing is that you would not be able to call them to order when they ate going wrong or even punish or sack them. It will be very difficult.

Sometimes it is advisable sometimes not at all but all depends on the capacity and the capability of the family members in promoting the image and set goals of the company.

For a new company that was just started , its adviseable not to employ a family member for seriousness but if the family member is familiar with the work and he's capable , then he or she can be employed.

i can say that, it depends on the relationship you have between them ( family and friends). But i think they will be the best to manage your business. this is because they know how you suffered or the ways you has been to be you established the business, which can bring easy understanding.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
Although is not bad I guess,but it depends on the kind of family and friends the business owner surrounded he or her self with. If it like my family I don't know about people I call my friends tho but for my family am okay with them I can put them in any position in my business and it will be safe I guess.

Concerning your question on if you would employ family members or friends in a startup business, I would say that it doesn't matter if they are family or friends, what matters is, if they are capable of handling the role you're giving them

It is common practice to see new businesses employing their family members. Management positions are for very trusted persons at the start, so family can handle that

As a business expert, friends and family can run the business if they have the interest of the business at heart,but this is in rare cases. In general observation, family and friends should not come close to your business,the best you can do for them is to support them to run theirs.

This is something you should by all means avoid especially for a start up business. The reason why it isn't advisable to employ family in a business is because you can't scold them when they are wrong and this may lead to serious family issues, also they may begin to act entitled because they are a family member. Its a no no for me.

I don't support this idea in any way because it always ends up to be counterproductive and cause serious family conflicts. This can only be allowed if you're not the one directly managing the business. Family members are not always productive at a relative business.

I wouldn't advise a new business owner to employ family and friends.... In most cases they don't take the work serious because of overfamiliarity and when you caution them they will say you are too bossy and all other sorts of nonsense..... if possible please keep them away from your business till it grows to a certain level

I do not think that there is anything wrong with hiring your family members or relatives if you plan to start a business. In fact, it is a great thing. Hiring your unemployed relatives would make family bonds stronger because you are helping them when they need you the most. However, keep in mind that you need to hire sincere relatives only.

I think this largely involves how good the relationship you have with the family and friends as you should only employ people that would be professional in the work place

In some cases yes, it saves alot of drama from outsiders and there is room for more trust etc. But in most cases no, most times when you are into a business wirh yiur family or friend, they may not take Certain things seriously in the way you would want them too. And you might not be able to push them to their limits and beyond because you might feel they would think you are just bullying them.

Some people do not have trustworthy relatives and are left with no other alternatives than to employ outsiders to take care of their business. Not that they do not want to employ relatives.

For a new business that just opened for work, I don't think its adviseable for the owner to employ family and friend as an employee, but they can also be employed if they decided to work and follow the rules of the company.

It is never advisable to employee families and friends in a new business because that will be one factor that will kill such business.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back