What's new

Ever break a forum without a backup? How'd you fix it?

Smokey

Revillution.net Owner.
100 Posts Club
Sep 27, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever broken a forum and then realize you didn't have a backup of the database and/or files that was recent? How'd you fix it? I thought this happened to me the other day with Revillution but I was able to fix it thankfully (Xenforo really is a great system that's well put together)

It was due to an add-on I had installed and went to uninstall, it broke my cronjobs on my forums but I was able to find a solution that fixed it, but for about an hour or so i thought i would have to revert to a very old backup. Turns out I got it sorted after some research........

but have you ever messed up your forums with an upgrade or add-on install and then not have a viable backup to revert back to? How'd you fix the issue?

It's not happened to me, but something similar happened. A fallout happened between two staff and the angry member deleted the forum! In that case, we were out of luck because there was no backup, so we just had to start from scratch.

It's not happened to me, but something similar happened. A fallout happened between two staff and the angry member deleted the forum! In that case, we were out of luck because there was no backup, so we just had to start from scratch.
Ouch! I've had that happen to me once before in the past which is why I try to remember to take frequent and regular backups, it's just that recently I been so busy and not even really focused on my own site that i've forgotten to take backups. I should probably go do that now.....

This has happened to me, I once messed with my forum when I was trying to add a plugin on my forum, thankfully, I had a backup and I was able to get back my forum

I've unfortunately have had this happen to me in the past. It was on a phpBB forum, I went to install a plugin and it caused the website to break. I couldn't figure out how to get it uninstalled and couldn't fix the website, and I didn't have a database backup either so I had to start over from scratch. I now know better to keep database backups just in case something happens.

I've unfortunately have had this happen to me in the past. It was on a phpBB forum, I went to install a plugin and it caused the website to break. I couldn't figure out how to get it uninstalled and couldn't fix the website, and I didn't have a database backup either so I had to start over from scratch. I now know better to keep database backups just in case something happens.
Yeah, I didn't think of that, a situation where plugins destroy a forum. Well, we gotta be careful about plugins. Always make sure they are approved by the forum software.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back