What's new

Employee and trade secrets

You're right, it's a funny world right now, father turning against children, best friends slying each other so letting employees in on a trade secret would just be like creating a thread for discussion from the general public best select an employee who you trust to share that information with

There will always be trade secrets sales in the open black market you know. Business owners that are willing to pay heavily for these secrets will always be available no matter what. That's the dirty aspect of the private sector

Sone
With the greedy nature of human beings coupled with selfishness,is it right to let your employees in on your trade secrets or is there any cause to be worried about being sabotaged by employees especially when managing inventory is difficult example having a restaurant and you're not around to manage it
Some trade secrets should remain secret because of competition. Just like Coca cola has kept it's secret for years and that's why they've spent decades ahead of every competition that has come up.

Sometimes things needs more secret because of greedy of human being it's some people never want to see your success so they'll do as to demolish the form of your success. So is better to leave it covered.
Post automatically merged:

Though this life is a process stages not everyone have to know your secret due to the kind life we are living now, like competitors don't have to know in other to outsmart you.

With the greedy nature of human beings coupled with selfishness,is it right to let your employees in on your trade secrets or is there any cause to be worried about being sabotaged by employees especially when managing inventory is difficult example having a restaurant and you're not around to manage it
Talking about employees and trade secret, it reminded me of a news I read yesterday whereby a US Navy engineer was about to send off nuclear engineering secret to another country and he was caught by the FBI after the these guys as they agent from another country that wanted to purchase the nuclear engineering secret. This is the reason why we have to be careful whenever we want to employ stars in our business so that we won't employ staff that will give out the secret of our trade to our competitors or to our rivals.

Well in life there should be a limit to what you should let people know about you or your business, so when it now comes to business aspect my employee will know little about the secrete of my business.

As a business man it is not advisable to let in your staffs in you trade secrets that is why most company and organisation are still tops because their secrets is best know to them.

there are some secrets that are meant only for you and you alone, sharing them out might be a great problem,but if you trust the fellow I think it will be great if you share it out

Before any employee is even allowed to start working in any company, it is normal practice that they always sign the mandatory non disclosure agreement between them and the company to protect the company's trade secrets

Please keep it to yourself because people shouldn't be easily trusted. You might disclose it to your employees and they'll make more profits for themselves from your customers without letting you as the boss know.

It is not right to let your employee in on your trade secret. A secret is called a secret for a reason. Sometimes it isn't good to let your close friends or family members in on your trade secret talkless of an employee.

There is no way your workers are not going to know about the trade secret of your business. You will not panic if you have solid marketing strategy on ground. Everyone can make hamburger, not everyone can sell lots of hamburger just like McDonalds.

Well I don't think letting an employee in on the secret of the business is not a wise decision, even coca cola from what I've heard hasn't shared it's secrets, the employee might quit and become a competition

You can only afraid of someone knowing about your secret when you are cheating the system. There is nothing to panic about if you know the business inside out and how to go about the marketing.

I am still trying to understand this.
If I have employees who I am supposed to entrust my business to when I am not available, I think I should intimate them on those things necessary for them to make sales at that time.

Every employee knows the ins and outs of the respective company or restaurant where he works. The longer he works there, the more things he discovers. It depends all on the loyalty and the honesty of the employees towards the company.

Well, if one dosen't have a choice and the employees have to be aware of the secret of the business, as a business owner you can make them sign an NDA( non disclosure agreement) or something.

I am still trying to understand this.
If I have employees who I am supposed to entrust my business to when I am not available, I think I should intimate them on those things necessary for them to make sales at that time.
This is the normal thing to do. Most companies or employers do not let their employees know every details about how the business works simply because they do not trust their employees with such knowledge or they feel it's not important for them to know that part. Personally, Would you work for a company that clearly hides certain things from you?

I don't think it is a good idea to let your trade secrets to your employees,this is because your employees are not tied to your organisation,so it is not a very good idea to let them to be aware of your secretes,as you could have a rival if the eventually leave.

It is not advisable to disclose all your strategies to your employees. This is because they may spill such information to rival firms or businesses when they are no under you.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back