What's new

Employee and trade secrets

This is applicable to business owners who copy the ideas of their competitors. It's a business strategy though but at the same time, it causes cut- throat and unhealthy competition. The solution to this is to obtain your trade mark and kept being innovative and disrupting in your line of business.

It's true that no body should trust anyone hundred percent and that is why you should be very careful when allowing people's to see your saving trade.

That's a major reason why some employers make sure that employees sign an agreement form at the point of starting the job, you agree that all trade strategies and secrets remain. Confidential.

When a employee leaves your business and joins another company, he will also take away your business secrets which can be detrimental to your business. You will have to retain your employee in any cost.

Because of human difference and ideaology it is not good to let your employee to your trade secret as you call it trade secret any day you let any of your employees to know it is no longer trade secret.

I think it's best you keep such secrets to yourself or with trusted top managers in the business or company. They should be able to keep secrets.

I think it's best you keep such secrets to yourself or with trusted top managers in the business or company. They should be able to keep secrets.
Exactly, you can have a selected few that you can trust in which the trade secret can be shared. I have seen a lot of business like these whereby the manager has a selected few among the employees that he works with directly, he trains them directly as well.

I don't think it is proper to be revealing trade secrets with employees. It is to be kept private because people are not to be totally trusted.

It Is good to be nice to your employees but that doesn't mean you should ignorantly reveal your trade secret to your employees because the might be the one to mock you when you failed in your business

As a business person I don't think it's goid to reveal your business or trade secret to any employee even if the employee is very close to you because people change at any time and they can sell your trade secret to your competitors and use it against you

It is very wise for every worker to sign documents that could restrict them from some dangerous taught,well as a business owner I cannot just open up my trfe secret to a worker

Personally, if I have a code that helps my trade, I won't let my employees on it. You'll have to unlock the puzzle yourself if you're keen and attentive, you'll solve the riddle yourself. It is good the make the discovery on their own!

This depends on your conviction to show them or not but advisably it's something you will keep secret because some can even used it to destroyed you.
Lol while I was working i remember my boss brings us to one of his customers to get a work. Some of his staffs usually go behind his back to get a job without informing him

Lol while I was working i remember my boss brings us to one of his customers to get a work. Some of his staffs usually go behind his back to get a job without informing him
Haha I have experienced this as well. There are alot of cases like this happening today. This is why most bosses or business owners don't like showing most of their staff everything they do especially does ones who are very smart, they fear they might take over their gigs form them.

People cannot be fully trusted for sure. So it is best to have only a few people knowing your secrets on how you run your business. They should be trustworthy people who will not steal and sell your ideas.

Well, this is one of the main reasons why I always prefer to be the only owner of my own business. You just cannot trust anyone during the current times. I believe that my business is my own personal matter and it should be viewed as such by other people. Unfortunately, most poeple would still interfere in your matters.

With the greedy nature of human beings coupled with selfishness,is it right to let your employees in on your trade secrets or is there any cause to be worried about being sabotaged by employees especially when managing inventory is difficult example having a restaurant and you're not around to manage it
One thing I believe in business you can not know all and only you cannot handle the business that is while you need someone you can trust to handle it for you when you are not there

It does not make sense to allow your worker to have full knowledge of your business secret. They might go ahead and establish as your competition in the marketplace.

Well with the high level of greedyness and the selfishness of human they can still be trust and allow to run any form of business even in your absence. not all human beings wishes to cheat on their fellow human beings because they definitely want to prosper from each other.

I heard that the recipe for Coca-Cola is stored in vault somewhere, how much more a start up not safe guarding the trade Secret

Letting your employees know your business secret is not advisable. Employees come and go and don't know what will happen next if they leave your establishment. Because no one knows the heart of man. The best you can do is to be fair to your employees so that they can productive.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back