Dot forum domains for a forum site

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Dot forums are one of the most expensive domains out there. You will have to pay just about $1200 to register a dot forum domain. Even though the dot forum domains are ideal for a forum site, the price is preposterous. For this price, you can get more than 150 dot com domains. I have never seen any forums using dot forum domains.

You can use the .blog domain instead of on .forum domain because, in reality, a blog is a forum and a forum is a blog means in both of them you can allow staff to create topics and users to comment like blog editors write articles and members or guest are commenting on these articles.

You can use the .blog domain instead of on .forum domain because, in reality, a blog is a forum and a forum is a blog means in both of them you can allow staff to create topics and users to comment like blog editors write articles and members or guest are commenting on these articles.
It still doesn't make sense. You could get away with that if the front page was a blog and the other part a forum.

I mean, otherwise, people will keep asking, "Where's the blog?".

Blog and forums are different kinds of sites, however, it is true that you can run forum and blog on the same domain. You can use home page for forum if you are using dot forum blog, and directory or subdomain for your blog. Dot forum is a nice domain for forums but I do not see a lot of people using it, perhaps because it is an expensive domain.

That is not true. I never spend more than $20 on .com domains. Even for forums. You just need to know what keywords to go with. It can be a lot of checking but it is worth it.

You will have to pay just about $1200 to register a dot forum domain.
Screenshot (848).png
How did you come up with that figure? $45 is still a pretty penny for a domain, though.

I agree that this TLD is overpriced. Forums are some of the least-profitable websites out there - ecommerce stores strike me as the most profitable, followed by blogs, then tech services and software sites, gaming sites with ads or other monetization, forums, and personal sites last. The owner of the TLD needs to lower the price to below what .blog is in order to encourage mass adoption.

How did you come up with that figure?
You have quoted my old post, maybe the price of dot forum was that high back then. Currently, you can get it for $40 on Namecheap, even for a lesser amount for the first year.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
Dot forum domains are quite expensive, and I have yet to come across anyone using that tld. I'm sure there's a website out there that does use the extension, but I'd rather pay a cheaper price for a more well known tld extension than get a dot forum TLD.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back