Have You Bought Domains Specifically to Sell Them Later

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you bought domains to sell them? Were you able to sell your domains? Did you make money with your domains? Well, between 2016 and 2019, I bought a lot of domains specifically to sell them later. I continued renewing them in a hope that someday I will find buyers but sadly, I have not been able to sell domains only. I even had to drop some of my domains because renewal was costing me a lot.

I've done that, but never got around to actually selling them.
Selling domain is really hard, especially because these days new extensions are evolving and people are preferring to use new extensions rather than pay a hefty price by buying domains from individuals.

There were a few domains I bought with the sole purpose of selling later. Of course I want to build upon it and make it more popular, so that when I do sell the domain, it's worth more.
Selling domains along with websites is different from selling domain itself. When you sell a domain along with website, people are looking for the value of website, whereas when you sell domains you mainly sell for its name and age

Selling domain is really hard, especially because these days new extensions are evolving and people are preferring to use new extensions rather than pay a hefty price by buying domains from individuals.
Nowadays, I'm guessing type-in traffic doesn't mean as much. Well, everyone is on social media. Would that play in to as why .com values would be going down?

I don't think dot com value has gone down, it is still highly valued but there are a lot of options available so people are not willing to pay a huge price just for dot com. I mean why should someone pay insane amount of money for mydomain dot com, when he can get the same domain with dot io, or not net, or dot info, etc.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back