What's new

Do you buy domains because they sound interesting?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you buy a domain, do you buy it because it sounds interesting? I have known people to buy domains that sound cool and creative, and later sell them to people that have been trying to build a site with that name. I have considered doing this myself. I know some companies would pay a lot to get the name. But I find it wrong to grab a name of a new company and try and swindle people out of money. I understand if you owned the domain for years, but if you owned it for a day, I'd be suspicious of your intent.

Anyway, has anyone here ever purchased a domain because it sounded interesting? Did you ever hold it until someone wanted it?

If you buy a domain, do you buy it because it sounds interesting? I have known people to buy domains that sound cool and creative, and later sell them to people that have been trying to build a site with that name. I have considered doing this myself. I know some companies would pay a lot to get the name. But I find it wrong to grab a name of a new company and try and swindle people out of money. I understand if you owned the domain for years, but if you owned it for a day, I'd be suspicious of your intent.

Anyway, has anyone here ever purchased a domain because it sounded interesting? Did you ever hold it until someone wanted it?
Not in my case, but I have seen interesting domains floating around. Well, actually, I will backtrack. I did buy a few to resell, but I gave up on reselling them.

Anyway, I don't see anything immoral or unethical about it, especially considering I'm not even middle class.

Between 2015 and 2018, I bought a lot of domains (I think the number was close to 70) because the names and the extensions sounded very interesting to me. However, renewing all these domains became expensive to me and I also could not sell them. I learned a lesson, These days I only buy a domain that I hope to use for my project.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back