Do You Pay For SSL certificates

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
These days to make your site secure, you need to use SSL certificates. There are three types of SSL certificates, such as DV, OV and EV . You will have to spend money for EV and OV but you can get DV from Let's Encrypt. For normal sites DV certificates can be good. Some webhosts provide DV certificates for free where as some web hosts do not offer free certificates and you have to buy them. Do you pay for your SSL certificates?

One site of mine has a free SSL certificate from my web host. They offer premium ssl too, the difference just lies on the renewal durability.

Last edited:
My web host provided free SSL for a newly added domain just for the first year, you will have to pay for SSL second years on wards. It does not support Let's Encrypt. However, I have used Let's Encrypt on m own on some of my websites.

I have a SSL certificate that I have paid for right now, and I have paid for my SSL in the past, though never a large amount, usually less than $20.
Have you ever used Free SSL from Let's Encrypt? Well, even the site like Bizdustry used Let's Encrypt. I have used Let's Encrypt on multiple websites, especially on wordpress websites as it is easy to use Let's Encrypt through a plugin.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back