Do you have multiple hosting accounts?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Currently, I have one hosting account and I have hosted all of my websites in this hosting account. However, in the past, I had as many as 6 hosting accounts. Some of these hosting accounts were from the same hosting company and some were from other companies. Do you have multiple hosting accounts?

I only have one hosting account right now, but that's because I only have one website right now, in a bit of disrepair. However, back when I had multiple sites up, I had multiple hosting accounts.

I think the industry standard practice is to have one web hosting account for each site that you own, as that seems to be rather intuitive and less cluttered. It's also helpful when testing your site, as different sites may need different backend settings and configurations. There's less risk of fixing one site at the breakage of another. Finally, having separate accounts for each web design client makes it easier to hand over the proverbial reins when the design is done and it's time for the new webmaster to take over.

I like the idea of hosting multiple websites on one account, however. That could save you a lot of money over time if you have multiple small sites. The idea would be to have the sites in a separate folder for each one, and then point each domain to each folder. It's a creative idea that could pay off over the long term, especially if you're just getting started as a webmaster and don't know what will work. Just make a folder and domain for each prototype idea, test and go. Might be a good idea for a web design portfolio or software developer site as well.

I self-host and have done so for awhile now. It is easier and cheaper for me. If I would to pay for hosting with all my sites, it would easily be over $200 a month and with me self-hosting, it is only $20 a month for the servers.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back