What's new

Do you delete or ban old inactive accounts on your forum?

Dannyjax

Acquaintance
Aug 5, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have noticed that there are some members that will register on your forum and not make a single post and disappear without being online. Do you usually leave their accounts alone or have them banned and removed from your forum? For me, cleaning up such accounts is necessary because they add no value to the forum with their zero post.

In Bizdustry, we don't ban inactive members because sometimes humans can pass terrible moments in their real life and we can't blame them for that.

they are always welcome anytime to come back to work here. we only ban users for trash, plagiarism, and illegal activities.

In Bizdustry, we don't ban inactive members because sometimes humans can pass terrible moments in their real life and we can't blame them for that.

they are always welcome anytime to come back to work here. we only ban users for trash, plagiarism, and illegal activities.

Well, you are right. I was also back at Bizdustry after a really long time because I was busy with my personal life so much. However, now I am glad that I am back in here after a long time. :)

Well, you are right. I was also back at Bizdustry after a really long time because I was busy with my personal life so much. However, now I am glad that I am back in here after a long time. :)
It's our pleasure to come back here, welcome anytime to your forum, and don't hesitate to ask the administrative team once you need something.

Remove them from the forum is the best, but you must give time because they still come back. Removing them will clear the website from inactive and ghost members. There's no point in having inactive and ghost members in a forum. They waste space.

It's our pleasure to come back here, welcome anytime to your forum, and don't hesitate to ask the administrative team once you need something.

One of the biggest reasons why I love Bizdustry is the fact that the admins and moderators in here are very co-operative and nice people. They do not ban anyone in an outright manner, even when someone makes mistake. Having said that, I have always obeyed all the rules and posted great comments in here. Long Live bizdustry! :)

One of the biggest reasons why I love Bizdustry is the fact that the admins and moderators in here are very co-operative and nice people. They do not ban anyone in an outright manner, even when someone makes mistake. Having said that, I have always obeyed all the rules and posted great comments in here. Long Live bizdustry! :)
it is our job, we should give chances to members who made mistakes and want to change and work hard after that, especially for beginners who never tried this kind of website.

This is a great question, and I would love to share my input. When it comes to forum members, I have never personally removed or banned anyone from mine because of inactivity. I know a lot of members will hop on and post a reply or two, then head off for a while. However, you never know when those individuals may return. Therefore, even if they're inactive, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else, so I refuse to ban or remove them from my forum.

Why do you have to ban or delete a user just for being inactive? I don't ban or delete a user just for being inactive. I choose to ban only when the user has violated rules multiple times or the delete the users when he is purely a spammer.

i do not think it is right to banned inactive members on online forums, because we all are at different stages of our lives and some might be at a stage in there lives when they are not afforded the opportunity to come frequently online.

I can understand that when a new member joins my community and makes a few post then go away for a long time. There must be a good reason for it which I'm willing to wait for him or her to come back. But in a situation where a member registers and never made a single post and not even an introduction ; I'm rooting him or her out within a specific period of time for inactivity.

I can understand that when a new member joins my community and makes a few post then go away for a long time. There must be a good reason for it which I'm willing to wait for him or her to come back. But in a situation where a member registers and never made a single post and not even an introduction ; I'm rooting him or her out within a specific period of time for inactivity.
well that's fine too, we have this kind of member too here but I suggest sending them a message for their chat or email to notify and motivate them to work and make money online. if there is no chance, then you can ban their accounts.

I don't delete accounts, I only ban accounts if someone breaks the rules on my forum. I give people time to come back and make some posts, I'm quite busy myself and only have time in the evenings to visit forums so I can understand that members may get too busy or even forgot they joined the forum. I actually did this once, I forgot I joined a forum and months later I randomly remembered. Thankfully my account wasn't deleted, I started posting on the forum after logging in.

Why do you have to ban or delete a user just for being inactive? I don't ban or delete a user just for being inactive. I choose to ban only when the user has violated rules multiple times or the delete the users when he is purely a spammer.

Exactly! I was away from Bizdustry for a long time due to some personal issues, but now I am back in here! Terminating inactive accounts could even lead to low traffic generation because you may never know when a member could come back.

Iam new in this forum but when i read this forum officials comments, iam really feeling proud to become a member of this forum, because they are not removes or bans any accounts without the account holder made any mistake,
that's really a good think of this forum.

I don't own a forum, therefore, I cannot speak what the admin think of this, but I am a user on forum and I don't think you should ban an account for inactivity. I am back on this forum after a long time and I m happy that my account is here.

The best course of action is to ban them from the forum, but you must give them time because they keep returning.
The website will be free of inactive and ghost members after their removal.
Inactive and ghost members of a forum serve no purpose.
They squander room.

The best course of action is to ban them from the forum, but you must give them time because they keep returning.
The website will be free of inactive and ghost members after their removal.
Inactive and ghost members of a forum serve no purpose.
They squander room.

I was away from bizdustry due to some personal reasons. I ended up returning on bizdustry and this was the time I became active again in here once again. If inactive accounts were banned, I would have not been here.

That's one the things I love about bizdustry. Like you rightly pointed out, a times human being may be passing through a lot at a times which may make him not to bother.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back