What's new

Do you allow advertising in signatures on forums?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you're running a forum, do you allow advertising un users signatures? Like allowing them to post one link or a banner linking to their personal site. I have allowed people to promote in their signature as long as it's one link and it's to their own site or socials. I don't allow promotions for shops or anything that requires payment. What about you though? Do you allow advertising of any kind in your users signatures?

Yes, I allow signatures advertisements in my forum. They should be allowed in forums because it's how forum owners help one another to promote their forums and get new sign ups.

So long as it isn't within direct competition or pulls members away from the forum, I think it is fine. I do have it set that you need to make so many posts before you can have a signature at all.

I allow signature advertising, however, I am very particular about how many links a user can share on the signature and what kind of links the users can use on the signature. I do not allow advertising profane content. Affiliate links are fine, though

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with allowing advertisement on forum signature as long as it is something that is not going to mislead people or result in people being scammed simply because of the advertisement that is placed in the signature. So, I allow my forum members to use their forum signatures to advertise whatever they have to.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back