Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So I'm curious, are there any sites with really offensive domains out there? Or do most web hosts or places to purchase domains, block out certain words and phrases from being used in the domain?

I'm under the impression, that offensive domains are not a thing. But I could be wrong. So prove me wrong if so.

Their is no rule as from I know but in USA, their are some domain name which is banned because of X rated words in it and it is not good for you when you consider about SEO. So better avoid those words.

I don't think there are regulations on the domain name formation but I guess domain name providers should be discerning or discriminatory if the domain name is indecent. What if I would register a domain name that is outlandishly malicious against a political personality or a celebrity?

I have never seen a domain name being blocked before and I don't think that they will ever ban any domain name as domains as their categories I'm so no matter how bad the domain name is it will always be categorised along that line and not for blocking.

Luckily, a new method of protecting your brand has arisen, known as “Domain Blocking.” Domain Blocking is a new form of brand protection which involves registering dormant domain names in order to prevent anyone else from registering or using them.
Domain Blocking is a defensive measure which businesses can use to protect a trademark from abuse. Domain blocking itself is a very simple concept. Theoretically you could do something similar manually by registering a copy of your trademark, or variation of your trademark across each gTLD, however many services exist which will handle most of the process for you at the moment you register your brand. Domain blocking is slightly different than registering a domain, as it will not resolve to a site, but instead will simply block anyone else from registering it, thereby protecting against its fraudulent use

I don't think there are domains that can get blocked because whenever you purchase a domain you have the full authority over it. But some domains can get blacklisted.

I don't think there are domains that can get blocked because whenever you purchase a domain you have the full authority over it. But some domains can get blacklisted.
I share the same school of thought with you. There is no rules that give you what you can do with your domain. If you buy a domain, it belongs to you exclusively.

So I'm curious, are there any sites with really offensive domains out there? Or do most web hosts or places to purchase domains, block out certain words and phrases from being used in the domain?

I'm under the impression, that offensive domains are not a thing. But I could be wrong. So prove me wrong if so.
I don't think domain do get block for any opposite reason,but the members in a domain site could get blocked I guess. So with my own little experience online I don't think that is possible tho.

Once the domain is registered no one can terminate your ownership on domain for the term you have paid. Sometime domain registrars do not allow users to register domains in the name of popular figures.

i don't think that you'll get approval for it in the first place if it's offensive and even if you do, people reporting you might make your domain's provider aware of that

I don't think there are regulations on the domain name formation but I guess domain name providers should be discerning or discriminatory if the domain name is indecent. What if I would register a domain name that is outlandishly malicious against a political personality or a celebrity?
I don't think anyone could Sue you or the registrar for that. It can only happen when it's social media where the celebrity or political personality would get their supporters to report your account and it would be suspended.

Offensive domains should definitely be blocked. There are many offensive domains that are offensive and blasphemeous to many religious people and such domains should be blocked. The government of Pakistan does a really great job by blocking many Anti-Islamic domains and I believe that other countries should also block such domains because such domains hurt Muslim sentiments. I am sure followers of other religions would also like their government to block such domains. Targetting a specific religon, race, nationality, or community is not acceptable at all and people must respect each other's beliefs, traditions, and customs.

Sometimes people use domains to represent their interest and of course we all know that some things can be offensive to a particular group of people while, it may not be offensive to another group of people.

Well I have not heard of anything like offensive domain and any thing related to such issue like that. no any domain or I have not come across such domain that was being banned and block for any offensive reason of operation by any government of any country of the world.

I don't think that domain do get banned but it can be blacklisted from other websites. For example, some websites may decide to sensor the the kind of other websites that may have access to their website and place a restriction is some unwanted website.

You cannot register domain names for the popular brands. For example, you cannot register facebook, google or amazon. However, if the domain is not associated with popular name, you can register any name provided it is not associated with things like terrorism, etc.

Domain are being blocked buy the domain registry companies so you should be careful what you use your domain names to do because if you use your domain name to do any fraudulent activities your domain name can be blocked.

Once the domain is registered you can continue to use it a long as you are renewing. No one can block your domain. But the question is why would anyone wants to register a domain with offensive words

Do offensive domains block
Yes it might be possible but only if it is against the community standard I think in that case it might be blocked
Post automatically merged:

Yes it might be possible but only if it is against the community standard I think in that case it might be blocked
Post automatically merged:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back