What's new

Clothing Industry: Should Clothes Be Gender Neutral?

The preference and choice of men and ladies are quite different when it comes to clothing. Take for instance there are men who do not like pink colour which happens to be the best clothing colours for most ladies. Women will like a type of clothes that should bring out there natural shape that will draw attention and the case is quite different with men.
You're right about that. Most ladies love putting on for example trousers that are very tight and light to bring out their shape almost being transparent but most guys would feel ashamed walking around on those.

I just can't imagine how it will look like if I put on female dresses on myself. Most ladies might not see any issue in wearing new clothes. in fact the majority of them prefer something like that here. But the case is quite different with men. People see men that wear women clothes as simps.

What about bras? How can you make this piece of clothing gender neutral? How about underwear? Male and female have different structure, how can the gender neutral underwear fit both?
Lol, it is very funny but you have point which also have male bra and male lingerie.lol this idea of having gender neutral clothing will never work. Like you said male and female have different body structure.

There are cloth, which are currently unisex. most often means wear. this are now becoming so rampant to some extent that alot of women this days, most often prefers mens wear compared to those of women. and it makes the market for mens wear more competitive. to me making it gender neutral is the best.

Cloth shouldn't be gender neutral because male and female are quite different so wearing whatever of your choice will make everybody look like the same

Lol, it is very funny but you have point which also have male bra and male lingerie.lol this idea of having gender neutral clothing will never work. Like you said male and female have different body structure.
Even a simple T-shirt cannot be gender neutral because of the body structure male and female have. I see only few clothing items that can be gender neutral cap or socks for instance.

Even a simple T-shirt cannot be gender neutral because of the body structure male and female have. I see only few clothing items that can be gender neutral cap or socks for instance.
It so sad, it is the same way some developed countries promote trangender, gay, same sex marriage and want to force it on nations especially developing countries.

Though we know that fashion is really changing alot of things but sincerely I feel that clothing shouldn't be gender neutral otherwise some male person will start wearing skirt

Well, considering cloth industry to be gender neutral is also a good idea. but to some extent I suppose to.be gender base depending on the kind of people who used it. there are ladies who have no intention to wear what belongs to the other gender, simply because their religion forbids it.

Making clothes to be of neutral gender would kill the market for clothes marketers and they would make sure something like that doesn't materialize.

It so sad, it is the same way some developed countries promote trangender, gay, same sex marriage and want to force it on nations especially developing countries.
You are bringing up a different issue. trangender, gay, same sex marriage is different thing, here we are talking about gender neutral clothing. I think you should protect sexual minorities,

Personally, I feel that clothes should be gender separated because when you combine both of them it's going to limit the sales of those clothes, so there should be clothes that are unisex, for male and also for female.

When you see a woman and walk together on the road, it is their dressing that will make you know that one is a male and the other is a female, so, i don't support the idea of making clothes gender neutral. It should be left the way it has been.

I hardly see fabric industries in my region targeting a particular gender when it comes to fashion. Both genders fashion are always in vogue.
Due to the taste of people or culture, fabric industries get to design clothes in a way that would suit the people.
In my area, clothing industries target both male and female wears.

I just can't imagine how it will look like if I put on female dresses on myself. Most ladies might not see any issue in wearing new clothes. in fact the majority of them prefer something like that here. But the case is quite different with men. People see men that wear women clothes as simps.
When it comes to clothing and wears, women do have an edge over men as it's possible for a lady to put on almost all men's wears that's if not all. But this isn't the case for men as they can possibly wear most of the women's wear

When it comes to clothing and wears, women do have an edge over men as it's possible for a lady to put on almost all men's wears that's if not all. But this isn't the case for men as they can possibly wear most of the women's wear
You are very on point on this. It is not fashionable for men to wear women's clothes. It is not that people are judgemental but it looks hard for men to put on women clothings particularly over here. The case might be different in other cultures.

A man an a woman are two different people and what they wear must be different too. I think retailer should target a man and woman clothes separately.
It is actually going to enable them to make more sales when they target the customers differently than when the products can actually be used by both female and male at the same time.
Post automatically merged:

You're right about that. Most ladies love putting on for example trousers that are very tight and light to bring out their shape almost being transparent but most guys would feel ashamed walking around on those.
Women always meant to dress that way because their clothes are always meant to look more sexy than what men used to wear especially when they are going for an occasion.

Last edited:
You are very on point on this. It is not fashionable for men to wear women's clothes. It is not that people are judgemental but it looks hard for men to put on women clothings particularly over here. The case might be different in other cultures.
A female can easily wear a man's clothes and it would fit her perfectly but it's not the same thing with men wearing a woman's clothing, as it's going to look too odd.

A female can easily wear a man's clothes and it would fit her perfectly but it's not the same thing with men wearing a woman's clothing, as it's going to look too odd.
The main problem with men's wear is that they do not really buy more clothes often like their female counterpart do, so one who sell men's clothing would sell more often.

The main problem with men's wear is that they do not really buy more clothes often like their female counterpart do, so one who sell men's clothing would sell more often.
Seriously, you're actually very correct with your assessment when it comes to how often men purchase their clothes compared to when a female purchase their clothes.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back