What's new

Clothing Industry: Should Clothes Be Gender Neutral?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date

Deleted member 403

Should clothes be gender-neutral? Should retailers and clothing businesses stop targeting their marketing towards specific genders? I was thinking the other day why retailers and clothing businesses target ladies' clothes for ladies, and men's clothes for men's. There is nothing to stop a lady wearing man's clothes or the other way around, but the biggest issue is shopping in the opposite sex section of the clothing store - it can make customers quite uncomfortable!

Keep it respectful - but let's debate this subject. Basically, should retailers and businesses stop targeting their advertising towards men/women?

Well, I think all the male wears are already unisex as it hard to find a particular design of cloth that's specially made for men alone but this is not same for women. And I don't agree with you saying there is nothing stopping men from wearing a female's cloth, atleast I haven't seen a man in his right senses putting on skirt

Well I guess in the spirit of liberalism I think maybe the clothing shop can go a little bit further in bridging that gap, I think if you are a man or identify as trans wants to shop for women clothes you should be able to do that without fear of being stereotyped.

I liven in a country where manufacturers usually target a specific gender when it coming to manufacturing clothes and I do not think that this will change soon. It depends on the culture and the country where you live, actually.

Though there are clothes that both gender can use but I don't think that not targeting gender would be the right thing to do.
There'll always be clothes that can be swapped, think about underwear for example. Gender sensitive clothes still abound.

I hardly see fabric industries in my region targeting a particular gender when it comes to fashion. Both genders fashion are always in vogue.

Should clothes be gender-neutral? Should retailers and clothing businesses stop targeting their marketing towards specific genders? I was thinking the other day why retailers and clothing businesses target ladies' clothes for ladies, and men's clothes for men's. There is nothing to stop a lady wearing man's clothes or the other way around, but the biggest issue is shopping in the opposite sex section of the clothing store - it can make customers quite uncomfortable!

Keep it respectful - but let's debate this subject. Basically, should retailers and businesses stop targeting their advertising towards men/women?
I think things should be as it is.
A clothing industry can target unisex wears, men clothing and women clothing separately.
Apart from Scotland men who I know to wear skirts (perhaps ceremoniously), there's hardly a female attire that suits the male gender.

It is will be good the industry should target clothes for men and also for females by separated them, so that men will know their own and also female too.

I support you a large extend, clothes makers or designers wears should target their clothing towards both gender not only one specific gender it's makes their wears more accessible to people

I think it's better to be gender specific when producing clothes. It's better the clothing industry remain the way it is with men's clothes being produced and retailed differently from women's wears.

These days, so many people are truly adopting the wearing of opposite gender clothes. I think tailors should truly consider this and start making gender neutral clothes. But it is clear that most men clothes already fit most women.

But this gender neutrality in clothing industry will have an adverse effect especially on men who are at the high risk side. Perfect competition has already creeped in leading to high cost of men's cloth.

It's perfectly ok to see gender neutral clothes. I've used some and as a business owner, k believe one stands to make a lot of profits from it when done right. Also people aren't really averse to such types of clothes.

I hardly see fabric industries in my region targeting a particular gender when it comes to fashion. Both genders fashion are always in vogue.

There was a time when jeans were not worn by women in my country, but now that trend has changed a lot and women do wear jeans. However, the jeans of women are different from that of men.

Based on the biological creation, sex would always be distinct no matter what. You may creat a clothing design that is unisex but it would not reach the required target. I think it's cool if the clothes are sold differently.

As long as humans are concerned and there are things that makes us different as human in terms of gender then I feel that our clothes should be differenciated as well

I believe there are already some clothes used by both men and women. You made mention of customers becoming uncomfortable simply because a person is found around the opposite sex section. I believe that would never change as we are both different sex, a female might be uncomfortable buying cloths from a male because she has to try the cloth, this is why men sell cloths for men while women focus on women.

I believe clothes industry sometimes has to do with gender because of the customers they are having ,no you are into fashion designing and ninety percent of your customers are male, then you might decide just to focus squarely on male clothes.

I do not believe in gender neutrality in clothes, some clothes look better on women and some clothes look better on men. Some clothes cannot be worn by men but they are perfect for women, where as some clothes are better suited for men

I feel this argument is one sided...on a straight perspective, all male wears can be worn by virtually all females, but not all female wears can be worn by male.. so I think it should still be segregated. Also Because in the moment of purchase and testing there is need to safety in terms of comfortability in the dressing room.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back