What's new

Clothing Industry: Should Clothes Be Gender Neutral?

Well, I think all the male wears are already unisex as it hard to find a particular design of cloth that's specially made for men alone but this is not same for women. And I don't agree with you saying there is nothing stopping men from wearing a female's cloth, atleast I haven't seen a man in his right senses putting on skirt
You are right. Make wears are already unisex, almost all the designs of men cloths can be wore by women or women have similar designs. That cannot be same for the men.

I think this issue should not be a subject of the debate because every culture and nationality has dress code for men and women. They are some aspect of culture that will be very difficult to change especially in Africa. one of it is nature of wears which is strictly gender sensitive.

A man an a woman are two different people and what they wear must be different too. I think retailer should target a man and woman clothes separately.

You may create a clothing design that is unisex but it would not reach the required target. I think it's cool if the clothes are sold differently.So both male and female have a different clothing line

Should clothes be gender-neutral? Should retailers and clothing businesses stop targeting their marketing towards specific genders? I was thinking the other day why retailers and clothing businesses target ladies' clothes for ladies, and men's clothes for men's. There is nothing to stop a lady wearing man's clothes or the other way around, but the biggest issue is shopping in the opposite sex section of the clothing store - it can make customers quite uncomfortable!

Keep it respectful - but let's debate this subject. Basically, should retailers and businesses stop targeting their advertising towards men/women?
A clothing industry can decide to make gender-neutral clothes, but that should not be made common place.
I still appreciate different cloth types worn by men and women.
Babies' clothing can be made neutral, because in most cases when the sex of the child is not determined on time, the parents can buy gender neutral clothings.

What about bras? How can you make this piece of clothing gender neutral? How about underwear? Male and female have different structure, how can the gender neutral underwear fit both?

Honestly, I think people still want to know where their clothes are in stores, so I'm fine with someone saying "Women's clothing" and "Men's Clothing" and not worry much about it. Or, they could just sell by size and put all clothes together based on color and type.

As long as it's easy to find, than I don't care. Just list clothes based on size and color and there you go.

Big clothing companies can certainly produce clothes for both men and women and even clothes for children with the same brand. but in their marketing strategy (the company) will certainly divide which one is for men, women and children. The target of women's clothing for women in my opinion is to make it easier for consumers/buyers to get the clothes they are looking for.

What about bras? How can you make this piece of clothing gender neutral? How about underwear? Male and female have different structure, how can the gender neutral underwear fit both?
Yeah, I do agree with you. The body structure for the both gender aren't the same hence a need to classify their outfit into men's wears and also another different category for women. Just that most of not all men wears are already unisex wears.

Depends mostly on where. Over there I would see it as a good Innovation. But in my country it is considered an abomination for a man to put on a lady's wear, they bring up portions from the holy book to support their claims

I do not think that brands should stop targeting males/females. That's what sells and every business needs a target market. You need to know the category or kind you are making. However, I think people should be free to shop and wear whatever kind they want to. No one should be given an eye because they choose to shop where the opposite gender is at. It has to do with the attitude of the consumers.

Some clothes can of course be made gender neutral for example, T shirts. The same T-shirts can be worn by a man or a woman. Socks can definitely be gender neutral.

I know that different individual will have different opinions on this. To me, it boils down to a particular culture and the fact that we were born to come and see some women clothes being sown to differentiate them from men's own. That is why you would not see any man wear skirt, but not that anything will happen to him if he does. That is just my little contribution.

I dont think that as a fashion designer or clothes retailer clothes should be gender neutral. This is because females require more clothing and are more fashionable than male, so clothes retailer should focus more attention on females.

I do not believe in gender neutrality in clothes, some clothes look better on women and some clothes look better on men. Some clothes cannot be worn by men but they are perfect for women, where as some clothes are better suited for men

In my country, many women wear jeans with Kameez. This fashion is also adopted by many men. This is kind of a mixture of western dress with eastern dress and this also means that many similar dresses can be worn by both the genders.

I think when it comes to the issue of cloths to be worn be any individual,it should be culturally defined as we have in most clime and culture,because in most nations,what belongs to each gender is expressly stated according to their culture.

The preference and choice of men and ladies are quite different when it comes to clothing. Take for instance there are men who do not like pink colour which happens to be the best clothing colours for most ladies. Women will like a type of clothes that should bring out there natural shape that will draw attention and the case is quite different with men.

Clothes should not be gender neutral in order for both male and females to be comfortable in what they are wearing and also in order to have an appealing appearance, if clothes are gender neutral people will begin to look funny and uncomfortable.

Clothes shouldn't be gender-neutral, because there are still some individuals who would never consider putting on clothes meant for the opposite gender.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back