What's new

Can corruption be fought via transparency?

Do you think corruption can be fought with transparency?

To a limited degree, I think it is possible. But that shouldn't be the only thing that should be done to help fight corruption.
Corruption can only be fought right from the cradle,I.e as a child is growing up there should be a fundamental to which a child is taught on what corruption could do to human and a country at large.

You have actually answered it all, yes transparency would help reduce corruption to some extent or to a degree but it cannot completely remove it hence it should not be the only means carried out to stop corruption.
I think when we look at corruption in hollistic view,then we have to tackle it in strategic manner,because the way we tackle financial crime would be different from how we approach issue of short changing operational rules and guidelines at woork.

I don't think giving death sentence is the best way to fight corruption. No matter what you do some people will continue to be corrupt and that's the fact. Even in developed countries there are corrupt people. I'm not condoning corruption, but technology can be used to fight corruption.
And what are these technology that can be used to fight corruption ? because I think this technology is not yielding any desired result. If the sentence is passed into law at least people will be a little bit sceptical.

When it comes to transparency, we should not expect each and every company to be transparent because each and every company has its own secrets. However, they should be transparent to some extent and know about what kind of things the investors deserve to know.

And what are these technology that can be used to fight corruption ? because I think this technology is not yielding any desired result. If the sentence is passed into law at least people will be a little bit sceptical.
I believe technology can be used to fight corruption because there are some monitoring devices in which can help you to keep records. A computer system for example can help you to keep proper record of everyone if used the right way.

You're right corruption cannot be solved only by transparency but also by rules and regulations guiding against corruption, grooming a positive mindset among citizens etc but transparency would definitely go a long way in exposing corruption
When we talk about the issue of corruption,it entails a lot of things,from financial malpractise to short changing the system,one way to tackle these system is that a culture of honesty should be introduced into the system as well.

I believe technology can be used to fight corruption because there are some monitoring devices in which can help you to keep records. A computer system for example can help you to keep proper record of everyone if used the right way.
And why are these technology not use to to stop corruption that is almost drying up most country ? It can be used , but a lot of people will always look for another means to bypass the technology.

Unfortunately, majority of the businesses are not 100 percent transparent and they hide many secrets all the time. Even many big businesses are not 100 percent transparent either.

And why are these technology not use to to stop corruption that is almost drying up most country ? It can be used , but a lot of people will always look for another means to bypass the technology.
That's just the case. Corruption is in human nature and that is what religion and a lot of other things have tried to solve in the past. if there is new invention of technology people will always look for ways in which they can use to bypass it.

That's just the case. Corruption is in human nature and that is what religion and a lot of other things have tried to solve in the past. if there is new invention of technology people will always look for ways in which they can use to bypass it.
Religion will not solve the problems of corruption in most countries. you needs to understand that Nigeria is among one of the most religious country but yet still it is among one of the most corrupt country in the world.

Religion will not solve the problems of corruption in most countries. you needs to understand that Nigeria is among one of the most religious country but yet still it is among one of the most corrupt country in the world.
Of course I know that religion will not solve the problem. One of the best ways of solving the problem of corruption is proper reorientation of the entire citizenry. Their mindset needs to be reoriented on the consequences of corrupt society.

Of course I know that religion will not solve the problem. One of the best ways of solving the problem of corruption is proper reorientation of the entire citizenry. Their mindset needs to be reoriented on the consequences of corrupt society.
Why does it mean that there is no single person that is ready to stand up and said enough is enough. Why must everyone still dance to the tune of corruption whenever they are in power ? this is what I don't really understand.

Why does it mean that there is no single person that is ready to stand up and said enough is enough. Why must everyone still dance to the tune of corruption whenever they are in power ? this is what I don't really understand.
Not everyone will be able to stand against injustice but there are still people doing that. Some people use such to make a lot of money for themselves. I have seen so many people who pretended to be activists in the past but when they receive the money, they stayed back.

Not everyone will be able to stand against injustice but there are still people doing that. Some people use such to make a lot of money for themselves. I have seen so many people who pretended to be activists in the past but when they receive the money, they stayed back.
You have made a very good point. Some people are swayed easily when personal interests are involved. There are very few people who are not influenced by money or material gains when standing up for what is right.

You have made a very good point. Some people are swayed easily when personal interests are involved. There are very few people who are not influenced by money or material gains when standing up for what is right.
Definitely, it will be very hard before you get people who will offer such a selfless service. Most people who are claiming activists if you give them money they will change your opinion.

The point is that , we don't even know the best way to deal with people like that. What is the best way to handle situation in which people are not willing to behave and act responsibly as a good citizen ?

Definitely, it will be very hard before you get people who will offer such a selfless service. Most people who are claiming activists if you give them money they will change your opinion.
This is very true. Right now everybody thinks for himself first. It will be very rare to see someone who puts the interests of others first before considering personal gains.

Corruption can only be fought right from the cradle,I.e as a child is growing up there should be a fundamental to which a child is taught on what corruption could do to human and a country at large.
That is just one of the most effective ways to tacle the issue of corruption,because the value you instil in a child will definitelly stay with him for the rest of his life and that will make the society a better place to live in.

Transparency is ultimately the best way of solving anything that has to do with corruption because you can be able to track them and then punish them accordingly.

Being transparent in everything you do is one of the ways in which you can fight corruption at any lenght , try as much as possible to avoid anything that has to do with corruption.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back