What's new

Buying old domains: Things to remember

To play safe, register your own domain name instead of buying old domains. If the domains were used for illegal works in the past, you will be in trouble.
I subscribe to this your idea as well. There are ways to register hot, in demand domain names if you do your research well.
You'd even feel more satisfied that way. Watching your success and progress from the scratch.

If you have plans of monetizing the website then checking the domain authorisation is very important so that you can know how the website is likely to perform in search. A very good domain with a handful backlinks might also be of help.

It is also good to check out for spam backlinks on the domain name you want to buy. There is no point in buying a domain name that has already attracted and I'll say from Google search engine.

These days any domain name you can think of seems to be already taken. Therefore, you might be thinking about buying old domain. When you are buying old domain make sure the domain that has high Domain Authority, has a lot of backlinks, has keywords, is short and easy to remember, and is not blacklisted.
I think that the most important one is the blacklist because there is a lot of people that tend to sell their website after they are experiencing problems with it and therefore you need that sense of transparency.

Well now a days Link Authority and backlinks can be ignorable after major changes in Google algorithm but yes it is good to check if it is not banned and have any problems in past as many people have problems with site and often sell it without telling.

Well now a days Link Authority and backlinks can be ignorable after major changes in Google algorithm but yes it is good to check if it is not banned and have any problems in past as many people have problems with site and often sell it without telling.
There is not a lot of transparency when it comes to these online sites as well because people are jsut trying to offload sites at a profit and so they do not disclose the concerns.

Yes and sometime they create fake reports and buy spamming things to increase some numbers which can be easily increase value of domain and we might buy it for higher price.

Yes and sometime they create fake reports and buy spamming things to increase some numbers which can be easily increase value of domain and we might buy it for higher price.
That is true as well however i think that there are some people that offer services where they can do an in depth review of a site for you to have all the information at your disposal.

It's better to stick with the new domain name. Buy only if you really need the old domain name. Always check to see whether they are blacklisted. And do a google search to see what kind of data was hosted on the site previously to get an understanding of what kind of users this name would attract.

You're right as buying old domain means you gain something but it also comes with bad things specially you said that blacklisted or reported as spam so always better use new domain.

These days any domain name you can think of seems to be already taken. Therefore, you might be thinking about buying old domain. When you are buying old domain make sure the domain that has high Domain Authority, has a lot of backlinks, has keywords, is short and easy to remember, and is not blacklisted.
Sure, well said. Also, you should check that the backlinks are not from spammy or adult sites. Many of these domain names that are on sale come with lots of spam backlinks. Or they were used for black hat activities before they were sold. One should trade very carefully when in shopping for domain names in the marketplace.

It's better to stick with the new domain name. Buy only if you really need the old domain name. Always check to see whether they are blacklisted. And do a google search to see what kind of data was hosted on the site previously to get an understanding of what kind of users this name would attract.
There are a lot of sites that are out there that will be able to analyze the domain in order to tell you if there are any concerns with the blacklisting of the site.

You can use black list loop up sites like MXToolBox. This tool will show you whether the domain is blacklisted or not. It will also check IP of the domain as well. Blacklisted domains will not be able to rank on search engine again.

Throughout the years that I have been purchasing domain names, I have learned so much regarding what I should look for before I choose a domain name so that I ensure it's not blacklisted, does not have any issues that would affect my SEO and such.

Most of them tend to have no issues but I feel it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back