What's new

Being a real estate agent, please share some of your good and bad experiences

Being in the real estate space, especially as an agent, there are situations that tend to put your reputation at risk, cases like clients not paying after agreeing to, and this makes property owners not to trust you.
Those cases are still moderate as it is still easy to get out of it what about cases that the land of real Estate agent sold was later sold to another client and the real owner was given real documents.

I haven't worked as a real estate agent but I have observed one from afar and noticed the positive and negative aspect of the job. The positive was that he always had a agent fee accrued to him from any sale of lands or house rented/leased. The negative aspect was that he was always at the beck and call of the landlord thereby leaving little or no time to spend with his family.

I don't have any experience about any of them, most people that are real estate agent should just be careful and always try as much as possible to be truthful because a lot of people are Always considering this set of people to be scammers.

Those cases are still moderate as it is still easy to get out of it what about cases that the land of real Estate agent sold was later sold to another client and the real owner was given real documents.
That is usually a very complicated one and it would require so much legal back up and of course, some big spendings too. One needs to avoid situations like this always.

Being a real estate agent is not that easy and I can understand that. However, there are negative and positive aspects of being a real estate agent. So can you please share some of your experiences?
I'm here to learn though. But in this business, honesty is very important. Some people have spoiled their image due to dishonesty and others, the good part is also that you easily become house owner and will connect with a lot of great people.

As a real estate agent, there is the tendency to have a tenant that finds it difficult to pay his rest within the stipulated time, and some are so stubborn that even when you make demands, they become adamant.

Years ago,i was involve in looking for a property for a senior uncle of ours,it was an urgent need,and we meet another agent who showed us an apartment,i did'nt like it,but when the presure was much on my uncle to move, another agent took him to the same property,and when the other agent got to know,he was not happy,we had to explained to him,that i wasn't the one that took him to the said property. It almost brought up an issue.

If you want to be a successful real estate agent then you must be very persuasive. Some customers can be difficult and you would need to do better to convince them to buy a property.
You are absolutely right. Some client's are very difficult to handle especially when its time to have their rent renewed. Some tenants are troublesome and you are always called upon to resolve issues among the tenants.

I'm here to learn though. But in this business, honesty is very important. Some people have spoiled their image due to dishonesty and others, the good part is also that you easily become house owner and will connect with a lot of great people.

Most of the people who are estate agents need to realize that they need to be honest and try their best to guide clients for a profitable investment so that they would become a regular investor and also earn commissions regulalry. The problem is that many people do not realize this.

Being a real estate agent, can be hard most times, i once joined a real estate company as an agent, there was these couple that wanted to buy land in my church, they came to me and i took them to the company we decided to move to the actual site. The couple started bringing up stories about how they dont trust the company, that they are scam, that they feel the land does not belong to them and all that. They started pricing the land at a very low rate, i felt really embarrassed

Lollz, I am not a real estate agent because that is not my area of concentration,I have taken my time to read some of the comments people are making here and I understand that some people as a real estate agent have gone through a lot in the hands of people they are doing business with.

I am not actually a real estate agent but I have friends and family who are a realtor. My uncle is a realtor, he rented an apartment out to someone who is yet to complete her balance. The person later died some months later without paying his balance.

Yes, in my country there are areas prone to landslides and many people manufacture there out of necessity. If the buyer is not informed and does not hire an expert, he can lose his investment or a client. There can also be cases of telluric movements and houses can collapse when they do not have good foundations, to avoid that there is the topographer.
One of my good experience of being a real estate agent is having a 10% of every property that I sell with these the higher the price of the property they hire you gain or profit, but most times you can get into trouble when you sell hazardous properties.

One of my good experience of being a real estate agent is having a 10% of every property that I sell with these the higher the price of the property they hire you gain or profit, but most times you can get into trouble when you sell hazardous properties.
It is true that you always win, but you can rule out illegitimate properties by doing a good investigation of the ownership documents. This way, you will know you are acting legally and can work with confidence.

The land business is obviously a truly beneficial business and there are many individuals in my space into such a business. I'm not into land office myself but rather I have companions who are into it and I can affirm it is productive.

As a real estate agent, there is the tendency to have a tenant that finds it difficult to pay his rest within the stipulated time, and some are so stubborn that even when you make demands, they become adamant.
This is a problem that has become common in my area, many tenants start out paying on time and then underpay, sometimes they don't want to pay at all. These types of tenants create problems for both the landlords and the referring agents.

A real estate agent is a very good career choice although it has his own up and down, I remember few years back when I was just starting it took me almost like a good one year to have a client, at some point I almost give up, but with commitment I scaled through
Wow that's one of the most challenging aspects of a real estate agent, thank God you will not giving up in what you believe on, I do not have any experience because I am not a real estate agent but I am waiting for @ sariana23 to share her experience.

As a real estate agent, you're a freelancer. You don't get to work for anybody. You determine how far you want to go in the business yourself and how much you think you can make for yourself. But the challenges are not left out too. You still have to braze up to it

Yes, in my country there are areas prone to landslides and many people manufacture there out of necessity. If the buyer is not informed and does not hire an expert, he can lose his investment or a client. There can also be cases of telluric movements and houses can collapse when they do not have good foundations, to avoid that there is the topographer.
Being a real estate agent it pays a lot and most times it is stressful as a real estate agent you must be very very wise in terms of carrying out transaction between buyers of real estate property and also sellers of those property because you are like the intermediary between the buyers and sellers.

Being a real estate agent it pays a lot and most times it is stressful as a real estate agent you must be very very wise in terms of carrying out transaction between buyers of real estate property and also sellers of those property because you are like the intermediary between the buyers and sellers.
That is the point of real estate agents, to be an intermediary between negotiators. But I emphasize that you must have the necessary tools. I mean, if you have a surveyor and an appraiser, you will have no problem with the cost and risk of the property.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back