Acceptable lengths of domain names

marteebee

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Mar 23, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
When working with some of my customers (at my actual workplace), I get asked sometimes to purchase domains on their behalf, or sometimes even choose it myself which seems a little odd but if that's what they want! Anyway, when asked to do this some clients give me a long-as-hell name like 'clientsnamebusinessnamearea'.com which just seems stupidly long so in your mind, what's an acceptable amount of characters to have in a domain?

I mean, the shorter the better in my head but as long as it's around 15-20 characters it's in the 'OK' area for me. What about you?

Really when it comes to the choosing of domain names, it can really be a tricky one as a lot have to depend on your audience and the type of business. In general, try to keep it as short as simple and very importantly keep it in a way it is pronounceable.

I have seen some domains with 30 and more letters. Maximum length for a domain I have ever used is 18 letters. However, the domain uses one of the highly searched keywords, therefore, I am happy with the lenght of domain.

As far as I am concerned there are no limit to the length of your domain because they are limited but it is expected that people generally gravitates more to short domain names than long ones.

The full domain name may not exceed a total length of 253 ASCII characters in its textual representation. Thus, when using a single character per label, the limit is 127 levels: 127 characters plus 126 dots have a total length of 253.

When working with some of my customers (at my actual workplace), I get asked sometimes to purchase domains on their behalf, or sometimes even choose it myself which seems a little odd but if that's what they want! Anyway, when asked to do this some clients give me a long-as-hell name like 'clientsnamebusinessnamearea'.com which just seems stupidly long so in your mind, what's an acceptable amount of characters to have in a domain?

I mean, the shorter the better in my head but as long as it's around 15-20 characters it's in the 'OK' area for me. What about you?
I don't see any reason why a business owner would like to use is full name and business name for is domain website, because to me it make no sense at all. Just a short name that describe what you do is the best tho.

The full domain name may not exceed a total length of 253 ASCII characters in its textual representation. Thus, when using a single character per label, the limit is 127 levels: 127 characters plus 126 dots have a total length of 253.
I don’t really consider checking if a domain name is too long for me. I prefer the one that are short and precise

Generally speaking, everyone recommends to use short domain. That's because short domain names are easy to remember and also easy to brand. You my bot be able to remember a long domain name

Since customers are always right then they should be provided with their request, I have seen websites name long and harsh but it made sense to the owner.

Domain names generally depends on the kind of work you want to use the platform to do. I think it can be as long as talk to 15 letter words.

There isn't a length of characters I have in mind, but it has to be as short as possible though. Some domains for local businesses can be so long and they never seem to think ahead about people typing it in.

Keep it as short as physically possible and then go from there.

You are correct, some domain names are just too long and some can be so funny. It is better to keep domain names short and simple so that it can be remembered and entered easily on the browser. That is my contributions.

I read about someone who registered a 36 lettered domain name and was able to sell it off. I believe it is dependent on how useful the name is to Individuals.

Their is no compiled list to determine the acceptable length of domain name. You make use of domain that is quick to remember and fits in to our niche website contents.

Their is no compiled list to determine the acceptable length of domain name. You make use of domain that is quick to remember and fits in to our niche website contents.
Some niches have lengthy names and one can help but just consider using them like that as it won't be easy trying to get shorter alternatives.

Some niches have lengthy names and one can help but just consider using them like that as it won't be easy trying to get shorter alternatives.
When it comes to niches where talking about the main topics which the website owner will be elaborating on. The better the niche the better your site ranking.

Well I will have to agree with you on this one when starting a domain you need a name and when choosing this name aslo it could be sometimes tempting to use lengthy character but you shouldn't.

When the domain name is too lengthy, it becomes unattractive and it will not look interesting at all. It will look like a spam and that's not good enough. It's always good to keep the length as short as possible

If you are going to start a niche website it will be very good to choose a domain name that looks like a brand new one. And should not be more than 12 letters at maximum. The shorter the domain name the easier it will be able to rank for Google search engine.

Your domain name can be short or long depending on your platform or niche. Some long domains are formed from long keywords. Personally I prefer short word domain names.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back