What's new

Would you invest in something with family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to investing into something, do you do it alone, with a business partner, or maybe even a family member? I personally try to work with business partners, as working with family can get dicey sometimes. I don't like to invest in anything with family, as problems come up, and no one wants to argue and have to discipline a family member. Just not fun, so I try to do things alone, or with a business partner who isn't family of course.

What about you guys? What do you think?

no ... I want to start a business and run it myself. maybe if I will be successful and it will be a good job, then I will choose some ok roles in the business. but for starters, I prefer it alone.

When it comes to investing into something, do you do it alone, with a business partner, or maybe even a family member? I personally try to work with business partners, as working with family can get dicey sometimes. I don't like to invest in anything with family, as problems come up, and no one wants to argue and have to discipline a family member. Just not fun, so I try to do things alone, or with a business partner who isn't family of course.

I have already done it, I have my own company with my girlfriend and it s going well, we have an online shop, website, blog and social media presence.

Family sometimes can stand in your way when you are making profit cos off one of the members can decide to withdraw their funds at anytime if they hear a bad report about the investment and that may also lead to others withdrawing their fund too

I don’t mind investing with a family. All business protocols and rules must be in place still. It doesn’t mean there’d be interpersonal relationship involved.

It might be hard investing with them but you could help set up their own business or even support it , incase they need help , if incase you cant fo business with then

Yes ofcourse that way u can work with someone u really trust and the trust is something very important to make things successful

I could go into business with any of my older siblings because I know they always have my back and I can trust them with anything just like they can with me.

It is not a good idea to mix family with business, in business partnerships you have to be objective and impartial, if there is familiarity in society it would not work ... unless this relative is your sentimental partner, in which case it is not highly recommended since in very few cases it works

I have a rule to never go into business with family, I've seen it implode and you will lose both business and relationship

It depends on which type of business. I think it's much okey to engage some sharp family minds in your business especially your sons and daughters. Raising them into the business gives them a lot of experience. But there must be business rules that everyone in the business must follow. They must differentiate between business and family. In the business environment we mean business family issues back at home

For me investing in a family business is something that i see is a good option if your overall end goal is to establish a business that involves your family making a name for themselves. It is only a good viable option in that case and only executable when partner chosen for starting that venture is professional and impartial to business matters. And doesn't mix family with business.

In as much as problems comes from having family members in ones business , there is still need to have your family around your business as it is not right for them to be unemployed while you employ other people. They are the ones that will stay with you in all circumstances.

In as much as problems comes from having family members in ones business , there is still need to have your family around your business as it is not right for them to be unemployed while you employ other people. They are the ones that will stay with you in all circumstances.
You have succinctly stated what was on my mind. That is the problem that people have now because of the rule of not mixing family and business, they have capable stranded family members out there but would rather bring in others than help their own.

When I had my start up I gathered the help of relatives and friends for the capital requirements because I didn't have enough money during that time. Mostly friends and one uncle gave their support to me but none in the family. The business proceeded and it was pretty good in the first year. That got me thinking that my family seemed to not believe in me and in my capacity for handling a business. When my elder brother had his start up my parents were in full support of him. Oh well, sorry for the little rant.

Hello, according to your comment, the family always underestimate your power, it is preferable to associate with an outsider with whom there is no familiarity.

for now I just do it myself because I think it's the best, I don't want to invest in my family because I don't want anything untoward to happen for example a difference of opinion that can make our relationship with the family not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back