What's new

Would it be high risk to invest into a theater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So there is an old movie theater near me and it recently closed down and they've decided to sell the property and everything in it. They are looking to sell the unit as one, but are interested in selling the equipment from the theater if they have to. I do not want to see the theater be sold to be changed into some housing or restaurant. The theater has been in this town for a long time, and I don't want to see it go.

I figure I could afford to buy the place, and hold onto it until the pandemic sorts itself out, and then I can re-open the theater. I have a lot of dormant properties right now, that I plan to sell, so I can afford to hold a property for the time being. Anyway, do you think it would still be high risk to buy an old theater? I want to give it a shot, because I don't want to lose this theater. It's the only one in this town and I need to see movies near me.

What do you think?

If there was no pandemic I would say a theater is a good investment because movies are in demand of the cinema for the best viewing instead of streaming. But after the pandemic I am not sure if that tradition of going to the cinema will come back. People are now getting used to the streaming of movies and they find it convenient since they do not need to travel. Maybe the investment in the theater needs a lot of research. It is a big investment that may not earn.

Theatre is a good business, but this pandemic is really a red signal, because crowd is discouraged for now, so for now I would say investing in theatre is not totally a good idea for now

It's of a great risk,most times theatre business is like a game that requires luck.you may invest a lot in a project you believe will earn a lot and at the long run it might not be accepted by the populist which may lead to lost of resources.

Investing in theatre is very risky, but also very rewarding. Hopefully, if the show is a hit and recoups, you'll make your money back and then some. However, it's rare for many shows to reach recoupment, so if you're investing, then it should be for reasons beyond money. Most investors get involved because they love supporting theatre and they believe in this particular production. You also can get some fun perks like opening night performances and parties, backstage tours, meetings with the cast and creative teams, and more, but I think you have to believe in the art that is performed on stage and have a strong desire to support that

I don't understand what you mean by theater
But to my understanding you meant film house theater
first thing is choosing a producer
Choose the producer and the production with care after considering all the financial information and the total artistic package being offered. If you find the right play or musical and the producer keeps costs under control, you may do very well financially, but investing in a theatre production is very high risk (see risk factors that follow) and many productions lose all their money.

It is a very good business but risky in some developing countries like mine. If the theatre movie is well licensed and handed over to a good marketer, duplicating the movie will not be possible as a lots of people will find it difficult to copy the work and sell at a very cheap price, against the writers wish.

You should not allow sentiments to cloud your judgement, mate. Before going ahead to buy the theatre, practically look into how profitable it would be in the future. Do you think it will bring profits or you would have to sink a lot of funds there with nothing to show for it at the end?

Theater business will always boom as that is where most movies are premiered. Most people just love the outing that theater creates and of course the movies too.
Theater business may be closed now but they will be back so strong after the pandemic. I know of people that have a close affinity to theater, those kinds of people will never get bored of watching movies in theaters. So therefore the business will be very profitable after the pandemic, you can invest into it.

Lolz, those people might have closed down the theater because they think that theater is too old for them to operate this 21st century, I think it's not really a wise decision to buy an old theatre as those are outdated one that may not have any value to you,invest on something that you can buy afresh so that you can be able to sell better if opportunity arises

Investing in cinema is not encouraging for now. The pandemic has made government to enforce social distancing. And also, the presence of Netflix has led to the reduction in number of people that patronize cinema.

The first you need to find out is why they are closing this theatre, if it is as a result of the pandemic , fine you can purchase the theatre if you have the funds to run it after the pandemic but if otherwise you need to think deeply if you can revive through your knowledge or employing experts to do it.

So there is an old movie theater near me and it recently closed down and they've decided to sell the property and everything in it. They are looking to sell the unit as one, but are interested in selling the equipment from the theater if they have to. I do not want to see the theater be sold to be changed into some housing or restaurant. The theater has been in this town for a long time, and I don't want to see it go.

I figure I could afford to buy the place, and hold onto it until the pandemic sorts itself out, and then I can re-open the theater. I have a lot of dormant properties right now, that I plan to sell, so I can afford to hold a property for the time being. Anyway, do you think it would still be high risk to buy an old theater? I want to give it a shot, because I don't want to lose this theater. It's the only one in this town and I need to see movies near me.

What do you think?
It depends on the situation that whether the theater gives us profit or loss. If the theater is in good condition and the actors and actresses working in it are also very good and loyal to their work then the theater will gives us profit otherwise not.

When everything goes back to normal it surely will be a profitable business. Me personally i can't go to movie theaters these fast few months but i prefer to watch a movie on a big screen. A lot of people do, but this year 2020 is really a hard times for owners. Also there's not much good movies released this year anyway

Yes, it has been a good business all along,we all know that this pandemic really affect the whole thing
But after the pandemic I am not sure if that tradition of going to the cinema will come back. People are now getting used to the streaming of movies and they find it convenient since they do not need to travel. Maybe the investment in the theater needs a lot of research. It is a big investment that may not earn.

In establishing a new theater, you must be a billionaire or a millionaire cos it takes much money to start a building or even maintain a hall of theater.

You have to consider buying a land and building up the theater which I know will cost you nothing less than half a million or less.

I don't think theater business is lucrative anymore. First of all, these days we are social distancing due to corona virus, and I don't think people would visit theater. Secondly, movie streaming is becoming more popular and people are watching movies at the comfort of their home.

Buying a movie theater now to utilize after the pandemic seems a good bargain. Maybe after the pandemic, it can still be used for acting of movies and watching cinemas. But currently now live streaming of movies especially in youtube and other movie streaming platform are taking over. It will be hard for you somehow to make the kind of gain you ought to have.

Let's suppose there is no pandemic, theater fans and lovers are kinda few, so that's not probably the right business to invest on, maybe cinema would be better, as there are always exclusive movies taking place there

To my way of thinking, I believe that the siege of the pandemic will come to an end sooner rather than later. And then you will have made a great investment. Since you say that you have financial stability, you should not miss this opportunity. The cinema is constantly increasing movies and people who go to the cinema to take the children, or go to see a premiere. Ultimately I think you will have great profits in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back