What's new

Workers who don't respect the resignation policy?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I'm very sure that in most companies or business establishments, there's a resignation policy which states how long a worker should inform the management about their need to resign before actually resigning. If you don't do that, you're going to forfeit some of your already paid salaries otherwise the company will take up legal action against the staff. But this still doesn't stop some workers to drop from their job without any previous notice and disappear.

Have you had these kind of workers in your business?

I'm very sure that in most companies or business establishments, there's a resignation policy which states how long a worker should inform the management about their need to resign before actually resigning. If you don't do that, you're going to forfeit some of your already paid salaries otherwise the company will take up legal action against the staff. But this still doesn't stop some workers to drop from their job without any previous notice and disappear.

It all depends on the company policies. In some companies, they do not have any policy at all and the worker could just leave whenever he wants. This is what has been happening in many call centres in our country. People just leave and they simply disappear.

Here in the US most jobs require a 1 week notice when you plan to quit your job. But, it's not a requirement, but more of a courtesy so that employers can find replacement workers to take over your job. Some people quit and don't go back for that week. When I worked at the call center, if you quit, you didn't have to put in a weeks notice, of course you had to call to let them know you quit. But turnaround for call center jobs is pretty fast. They could have someone in there in no time.

It all depends on the company policies. In some companies, they do not have any policy at all and the worker could just leave whenever he wants. This is what has been happening in many call centres in our country. People just leave and they simply disappear.

I am the kind of person that is always open to switching job whenever I am offered something that is better from what I am being paid in my current job but I always inform the management that I am leaving the job once I get the opportunity to do so and it will not have to be for a long period of time that I'm going to give them the notice.

it is true I don't know about other countries but I know about Nigeria some companies don't respect that resignation policy, well I feel like the reason why most companies or people or staff that resigned one way or the other don't take the policy serious is because they don't feel connected or appreciated by wherever they might just be working at the moment in time so whenever they just get the better opportunity without having to even explain or give a tangible explanation they just ghost,

I am the kind of person that is always open to switching job whenever I am offered something that is better from what I am being paid in my current job but I always inform the management that I am leaving the job once I get the opportunity to do so and it will not have to be for a long period of time that I'm going to give them the notice.

I think that most of the people would like to switch jobs if they are being offered a better opportunity. However, not all the people are like that. If I were being offered a highly rewarding opportunity, then i would consider the difficulty levels of the job.

Before a worker can have access to his entitlement whenever he wants to resign. He should at least inform the employers at least a month before he takes the action of resignation. This will prevent distruption of work activities.

There's a way my boss will treat me, I will not regard the company's resignation policy. I will leave without saying a work. They can call me as long as they want and I won't come back to make it official. When they are tired of calling me, they should move on. If you treat me like shit, I will return the favor.

I have worked in a company where I had to resign effective immediately the moment I tendered my resignation letter and I did not wait for a day to pass because of how the management treated me in the business. They knew I was with my right to resign effective immediately, so they did not contest my resignation.

I have worked in a company where I had to resign effective immediately the moment I tendered my resignation letter and I did not wait for a day to pass because of how the management treated me in the business. They knew I was with my right to resign effective immediately, so they did not contest my resignation.

Many companies never offer you much and they never even grant you leave as well. They wonder why many workers never care about the resignation policy. Companies should make the process easier and smoother in order to avoid workers making the wrong decisions.

Many companies never offer you much and they never even grant you leave as well. They wonder why many workers never care about the resignation policy. Companies should make the process easier and smoother in order to avoid workers making the wrong decisions.

The reason why I had to resign effective immediately in that company was because they messed up with my payment of salary without any justifiable reason. So I didn't see any need for me to still continue working for them and I had to tender my resignation immediately and leave the office.

I won't work for a company I don't have any time for leave in a year. I'm not a slave, so I deserve my leave even if it's just 2 weeks. If there's no room for any workers to have leave when I'm being interviewed, I will decline the job on the spot and walk away.

Yes, I did the same when I left my last job. It was part of the institute's rules to inform one month prior to resignation. This policy helps the administration look for new employees and save time.

I think people must inform the authorities before leaving a job unless there's an emergency situation that they can't avoid. That shows that you're a professional.

The reason why I had to resign effective immediately in that company was because they messed up with my payment of salary without any justifiable reason. So I didn't see any need for me to still continue working for them and I had to tender my resignation immediately and leave the office.

I worked in a company that also did the same thing to me. I was already being paid peanuts and that cruel company deducted the salary and acted as if they were paying me thousands of dollars per month. It was a telemarketing firm and I hated it. I worked there for a few weeks and resigned.

I worked in a company that also did the same thing to me. I was already being paid peanuts and that cruel company deducted the salary and acted as if they were paying me thousands of dollars per month. It was a telemarketing firm and I hated it. I worked there for a few weeks and resigned.

This is the reason why I will always advise anyone who is working for a company that is not treating them right to always look for an alternative and leave the job when it is going to be very easy for them to get another job that will treat them like human being and not an animal because most entrepreneurs are very wicked human beings.

I have seen cases were by workers leave the company immediately they are been paid their salaries, without resignation letter, this is due to one reason or the other.

When I hired people, I never made them sign any contract, it was just verbal agreement and it was made clear that if they want to resign, they will have to inform 30 days in advance. Some of my workers followed this rule and some did not. Even when they did not follow the rule, I did not go ahead with legal action because I did not have any legal documents.

When I hired people, I never made them sign any contract, it was just verbal agreement and it was made clear that if they want to resign, they will have to inform 30 days in advance. Some of my workers followed this rule and some did not. Even when they did not follow the rule, I did not go ahead with legal action because I did not have any legal documents.

The only thing good about informing your employer before leaving the job is that it's going to make it very easy for you to get a recommendation letter from them if your new employer request to know the kind of impact you had in your previous job. You will find it very easy to reach back to your previous employer and ask for letter of recommendation and they will gladly give it to you unlike when you leave without any update.

This is the reason why I will always advise anyone who is working for a company that is not treating them right to always look for an alternative and leave the job when it is going to be very easy for them to get another job that will treat them like human being and not an animal because most entrepreneurs are very wicked human beings.

I must say that people should consider conducting research before they join a company. This is quite important thing to do before you even think about applying for a job at a company. Many people never carry out proper research and this is where things may go from bad to worse.

Depending on situations, I have always let the worker to leave. I mean it is not worth it trying to spend more money to sue a staff because they left suddenly. I see that situation as a challenge for me to prove that I can raise another capable hand that will be in control of things at the office and spending time to chase shadows doesn't cut it for me.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back