What's new

Why you would NOT like to become a real estate agent?

I have been thinking over this thread and indeed I asked myself why should I go for a slice of bread when I have the ability to go for the whole loaf of bread. I would rather choose to invest in that estate than to just be an agent

Is because there is no opportunity for this in my locality, had it been i have i don't have problem with persistent and pursuation of people when it come to doing business but once i have the opportunity i will venture in it.

In my country they take away the license with prohibition of exercise and they also go to jail. If a real estate agent is allowed to continue working fraudulently, it will create insecurity for potential clients and in turn a bad reputation for everyone.
One reason why I will not like to become a real estate agent is because of the challenges which is involved in being a real estate agent most times some real estate agents go to prison and have been jail because of some fraudulent activities or selling an illegal property

One reason why I will not like to become a real estate agent is because of the challenges which is involved in being a real estate agent most times some real estate agents go to prison and have been jail because of some fraudulent activities or selling an illegal property
What kind of challenges can you get as a real estate agent in your country? I think that with the necessary knowledge it should not be difficult, although I understand that there are many problems with the land in your country, right?

What kind of challenges can you get as a real estate agent in your country? I think that with the necessary knowledge it should not be difficult, although I understand that there are many problems with the land in your country, right?
When is why I will not like to become a real estate agent is because of the challenges that they pass through most times they go to jail for what they don't really know much about when they are involved in sales of hazardous land or property.

When is why I will not like to become a real estate agent is because of the challenges that they pass through most times they go to jail for what they don't really know much about when they are involved in sales of hazardous land or property.
I understand, it is difficult to work as an agent when you run the risk of ending up in jail. To avoid this in my country there are appraisers and surveyors, who are in charge of approving the land and the cadastre which is where legitimate properties are registered. With this you can avoid many problems.

Every profession has its own advantages and disadvantages. So why would you avoid becoming a real estate agent? Why do you think it is a really bad idea to become a real estate agent? Why do you dislike this profession?
You are correct. There are advantages and disadvantages of becoming a sales agent. I think the disadvantage is when you can not have sales in months or years.

If i have the opportunity to work as a real estate agent I will definitely take the offer because it's definitely a good way to make money in real estate business without having to spend or invest a dime

I really don't any business minded person will decline or reject a position to work as a real estate agent. This is a good position to hold in the industry because you can make money from every sales you complete for a client

You are correct. There are advantages and disadvantages of becoming a sales agent. I think the disadvantage is when you can not have sales in months or years.

This has been the case of many real estate agents during the Covid-19 time. Many real estate agents lost their jobs and became unemployed. 2004-2010 was the peak time of real estate business in my country.

I don't have a reason why I will not want to become a real estate agent, my kind of person is that I don't see the impossibilities in things, only choose to see the possibility in things

I don't have a reason why I will not want to become a real estate agent, my kind of person is that I don't see the impossibilities in things, only choose to see the possibility in things

Yes, even I might not become a real estate agent. Real estate business is now seen as a side business. This is because now no one earns good money working as a real estate agent in my country because the real estate market is very down.

In my country, there are so many shady deals when it comes to real estate and it scares me from ever considering to venture into it at all.

I dislike the profession because I know you need to be a cheat before you can make money from it. Some agents takes outrageous charges for just showing you an apartment.

I dislike the profession because I know you need to be a cheat before you can make money from it. Some agents takes outrageous charges for just showing you an apartment.
Well to an extent if you're very professional in the job you won't cheat because there is a set aside percentage when you are able to sell a property or you have someone secure a house for rent it's only when you want to be a criminal that you always always put outrageous charges.

I have different reasons I dislike the job, firstly it's stressful and tiring before you can get hold of a client , secondly as a female , once you get hold of a client next thing he demands for his sex or he quits. And so many other reasons

Being a real estate agent is actually not a bad career but it's certainly not for everybody especially me,I'm a terrible salesman.

Lol! This will be simply because I'm not good in marketing. I feel disgruntled when I have to persuade and argue with someone just to prove a point.

The reason I dislike being a real estate agent is the same reason I decided to leave my first job as a marketer. I dislike convincing and persuading an individual to suddenly do what he/she wouldn't think to do on a normal day. I am not a good salesman.

Last edited:
The only reason that might stop me would only be the fact that I'm not so adept at negotiation; I might not get the best deals for my clients or even get good deals for myself.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back