What's new

Why are there so few or no real estate agents in the neighborhoods?

I am not sure in what country you live. But I think if people can afford houses where rent is low, then it might be possible to earn commission in such areas because houses for rent might be available at a low cost and people might prefer living at a low cost.
It is exactly what I say, if in these sectors there is a great demand for rentals, because there are almost no real estate agents. They prefer to spend days waiting for commission in sectors where rents are more expensive than being in neighborhoods where the profit is lower, but it is multiplied by each business that is closed

The low income earners here have no opportunity to own a lot much more a house and lot. I am a middle-class earner and it took me more than 20 years before I was able to buy a home of our own. The bank will not give me a housing loan without a collateral and even my decent salary is in question regarding the capacity to pay.

I wonder why when low-income people look for an affordable home to buy, many times regardless of whether it is in the neighborhood or not, they do not find an agent to guide them and give them options.
Compared to economically stable people, the low-income population is the majority, therefore there is more work for real estate agents and even for the owners of said businesses.
What are the reasons that prevent an agent from working in the neighborhoods?
Actually i'v been in the shoes of an agent i.e i was once an agent and i understand why agent are not working in there neighbourhood. Most real agent after after struggle to market the product and for them to sell is dissapointing due to customer negotiation.

Actually i'v been in the shoes of an agent i.e i was once an agent and i understand why agent are not working in there neighbourhood. Most real agent after after struggle to market the product and for them to sell is dissapointing due to customer negotiation.
If you say it is disappointing, it is because they have not reached the agreed upon agreements, and end up giving in to the will of the client. In the case of real estate agents, you should know how to negotiate in a way that everyone is satisfied and you get the expected benefits. Otherwise there is no sense in doing the job.

There are only few and no real estate in the neighbourhood because most of people in the neighbourhood did not know much about real estate, and they are not willing to risk their money into building houses and selling and renting it out.

I would first start by saying the location in which you reside matters a lot, you know it's not everybody who are so passionate in going into real estate business unless you have the idea, the tenacity before you can be able to go into it but when that will be tennis at the passion is not there for you there's no way you'll go into it and you succeed so people need business that there will go into and they will succeed in a shot or in the long run.

I think the pandemic has pushed people so much that they have been forced to reprioritize their needs. Housing is moving down the list of top things people would wish to spend on at the moment.

Just as you mentioned @Sariana23, those realtors tends to focus on the urban side. They believe that the neighborhood areas have vast majority of low income occupants that won't release huge amount of cash to acquire real estate property full-time.

I wonder why when low-income people look for an affordable home to buy, many times regardless of whether it is in the neighborhood or not, they do not find an agent to guide them and give them options.
Compared to economically stable people, the low-income population is the majority, therefore there is more work for real estate agents and even for the owners of said businesses.
It depends on where you are, in my country there ate real estate agents in every nook and cranny willing to get anyone accommodation and according to your budget. The low income workers thereby have lots of accommodation to choose from whichever suits their pockets.

Actually it depends on the location,plus everybody wants to work at places where they will get higher income rate and quick responses to available offers.There are still real estate agent offices you can walk into for inquiries of the kind of services you want.

Just as you mentioned @Sariana23, those realtors tends to focus on the urban side. They believe that the neighborhood areas have vast majority of low income occupants that won't release huge amount of cash to acquire real estate property full-time.

That's right @Sincerem , I think that's the main reason, the fact that they don't get great returns with low income people, which leads to the large amount of people personally looking for options and those agents stop getting the returns, they just wait in the areas where they have great economic gains.

Maybe I should say this is based on location and you are talking based on what is happening in your environment and you shouldn't use your own location to judge other locations because in my own neighborhood their are lots of real estate agent who are always ready to guide low income earners on property lease, rent and sales

Well, this assertion is dependent on your neighborhood. Where is your location? It could be that those low-income houses do not fetch the agents good money as compared to that of the bigger houses. They might not want to concentrate on such buildings that are not favorable.

Maybe I should say this is based on location and you are talking based on what is happening in your environment and you shouldn't use your own location to judge other locations because in my own neighborhood their are lots of real estate agent who are always ready to guide low income earners on property lease, rent and sales
My intention at no time was to judge other locations. On the contrary, I wanted to know if this happens in all countries. With your description and that of other members I can visualize that there are countries where no matter the location, real estate agents work without limitations and this is excellent.

That's right @Sincerem , I think that's the main reason, the fact that they don't get great returns with low income people, which leads to the large amount of people personally looking for options and those agents stop getting the returns, they just wait in the areas where they have great economic gains.
That's what they are in for. The want just the financial aspect of it and not delivering job seekers demands. I can't just waste my time around those agencies in my country cos i know very well they are time wasters.

Maybe because there's no need? Not everyone is hiring estate agents to sell their properties

Maybe because the amount of gain in becoming a real estate agent is very low and other profitable business are there for them to invoke themselves with, I think this is the reason why there are less real estate agents

Maybe because the amount of gain in becoming a real estate agent is very low and other profitable business are there for them to invoke themselves with, I think this is the reason why there are less real estate agents
No, their is lots of profit that comes through real estate agent task. It depends on your experience and value, how marketable you place yourself. They are can be millionaires by negotiating mega real estate property with potential buyer and seller.

Real estate agents' profits are very high and safe, that is to say they work in a sectorial way. They prefer to work in areas where profits are high because clients have money and do not work where people who also need but have low resources, and therefore prefer to stop receiving benefits with these.

It all depends on the kind of area or vicinity you're doing or practicing your real estate work. Unlike my area here on the island so many real agent workers here and people are ready to pay high over here as well since they are okay with the house or apartment the real agent find for them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back