What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

More than half of all farmers have lost money every year since since 2013, and lost more than $1,644 this year. Farm loan delinquencies are rising. ... The disappearance of the small farm would further hasten the decline of rural Nigeria, which has been struggling to maintain an economic base for decades.

Lots of people are running out of farming not understanding the profit and advantages of farming. I know of a graduate who finished school and then start his own farming business. I will tell you that he is now a very big man, doing fine with the business and also an entrepreneur without boss. I guess people are running out because they don't understand yet how profitable it is.

Farming is no doubt a lucrative business, but I think most people don't want to go into farming due to the stress involved. In my country here in Nigeria, a large percentage of the farmers still practice old age, subsistence farming with crude implements like hoes and cutlasses, the world has evolved beyond this as we now have self driving tractors, drones for spraying herbicides, etc. I think the government should support farmers by providing them with grants to purchase these as they help in food security.

For some strange reasons, many people are running away from farming. Their perception of farming is a venture for old people and the illiterates. Youths especially see it as a dirty business that they shouldn't get close to but I'm glad the narrative is changing. Many people are seeing the goldmine that agriculture is.

People are running away from farming business because they believe that everybody will make money working for the government or work in the office for big company. They did not know that the best the time to invest in farming business is now. The reason is that there is high level of food insecurity around the world.

Gone are those days when farming was regarded as a dirty man's Job or for the poor, today agriculture is the new oil well. The essence of business is to meet the needs of the masses, we can at live without food as such going into farming is very important, though it can be capital intensive especially where you want to into into large scale farming. By and large I'll encourage as many people as possible to engage in farming so that there can be more food in the land.

most people run away from farming because it's a stressful job and most people do not have enough money to mechanized work on their farm lands... so they prefer to do other easier work or businesses than farming

One reason I think would be people see farming as the job for the poor which is wrong. You don’t have to be poor to be a farmer. Also the way the country is everyone like copy each other, you hardly find people who do things because they want to do them instead you people going into a business because someone close to them did the business and made money, very sad

Are people really running away from making money through farming? I will say no. The world has realized the agriculture can be the biggest employer of labour. People are just not embracing it due to cost implication.

Because it's a hard type of living it. You can see why here in my country most of the parents will do everything to put their children into school so that they can have a better future ahead of them and that they wouldn't need to work like their parents do. I don't think they're getting enough profits or revenue.

People are running away from farming business because they believe that everybody will make money working for the government or work in the office for big company. They did not know that the best the time to invest in farming business is now. The reason is that there is high level of food insecurity around the world.
From my own perspective, when the stress is too much,the people that are killing them,i.e the kidnappers, insufficient fund to run the work, lack of machinaries, and hard labour and support.

I don't think people are running away from farming, In fact, I see more and more people, especially the educated youths, getting involved in agriculture. I cannot speak for other countries, however, this is what happens in my home country. Over the years there has been substantial improvement in farming community, thus increasing the crop yield.

I think most people are afraid of investing for a long period of time because mummy is not a job you go into an expect immediate return to takes long. Of time before you start seeing prophet the minimum is at least 3 to 6 months before you can see any reasonable profit so I think people are not patient enough that's why I didn't want to go into farming.

Many people are ignorant about farming , they believe farmings at for poor and dirty people , but they don't know youth nowaday makes millions in farming,its even more lucrative than white collar job, if you can try cocoa farming, fishery, pigery and banana farming,

We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
Farming is as old as man, why are people no longer interested is a big question that needs urgent answers.
From my own region farming is one of the best options for business because people at level and class most eat, but insecurity, high cost of farming implements without any subsidies or encouragment from the government including corruption has discouraged farming especially from the youths who now believe in quick money from corrupted politicians.

for my own point of view farming is a very sweet and profitable venture. But a lot of youths today , especially graduate from tier 3 countries are often scared of venturing into farming because they lack the basic tools to aid their farming work. In more developed countries where they practice mechanized farming, it's relatively easier to do the same work whereas in other parts of the world it takes days, even weeks to do the same work.

People running away from it are novice and naive of our profitable and lucrative farming Business is. I can say that farming Business is the most profitable business looking at the ROI you can achieve when you invest in it.

When you talk about faming it all depends on the country, and also the kind of machanism put in place for the family work. For me I love animal farming and I hoping to invest in that one day, according to my grandma a famer never get hungry.

Its because people tend seing farmily as its for only illitate people or for the uncivilized one alone that can venture in to it which is a wrong thinking.
Some people also think until you are doing white collars job you can not make it. If you look at the rate agriculture produce is selling in the market now adaysexpeciall

To become a farmer is not easy because you have to go through a lot of stress each and every passing day
Farming is not an easy occupation because you work with your hands and energy
But there is also commercial farming which involves using of machines and other equipment in carrying out the farming activities
People just run from farming because of the stress and when you want to go for commercial farming it requires a lot of money.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back