What's new

Why are people running from making a living out of farming?

Agriculture is a very good business, but people avoid it, most people feel agriculture should be left to people in the rural area, I believe if the government partners with the local farmers, provide them with modern equipment and knowledge their productivity will increase which will turn attract more people.

Truth be told, the main reason people run from farming is because it is too stressful. The small scale/subsistent farmers usually undergo very tough and stressful times before their farms start to yield produce. Even commercial agriculture has its own stress. So people want a work where they will exerts themselves a little and will great income.

Some farmers ran away from farming due to high cost of production or they had made loss, some equipments and things that they use are now either scarce or very expensive for them, many small farmers has no big equipment to aid his business, equipments like tractors and other machines.
And the government are not helping the situation so this is making farming more harder for the people.

But it has been declining for generations, and the closing days of 2019 find small farms pummeled from every side: a trade war, severe weather associated with climate change, tanking commodity prices related to globalization, political polarization, and corporate farming defined not by a silo and a red barn.

We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
In my country people prefer white collar jobs, that's one reason, another is that farming is a capital intensive venture and many of them may not have the required funds to start up, also our government needs to encourage out youths to go into it by creating free training workshops, giving out grants and machinery .

There might be due to the cost of production, as the cost of getting very good farmland, the cost of getting some mechanical tools. Some also believe that farming might be too difficult and stressful and that is why people are avoiding do farming.

You have said it all that it is very tedious I believe that is what make people run away from it which not suppose to be. There is an adage says' success doesn't come easy' you have to work hard. Agriculture is a very lucrative business, I could remember in the olden days those that are into agriculture are the richest people.

We all know that farming has to do with activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock. I have come to realize that we hardly discuss about ways to make it in agriculture.
Yet, we are all about cryptocurrency and online businesses. Businesses that does not require the level of activities involved in farming business.
I know that most will agree with me that farming looks like a tough kind of business compared to other sectors, but it also generates revenue like the others. So l would like to know why majority run away from it.
People are not running away from farmbg. farming is a very very big business, it is a serious investment and it requires very very great capital and not everybody is privileged to have such a capital, so it appears as if people are running away from it. people don't just have the capital

Lol... Blame it on the technical advancement of the world. Almost everyone want a stress free wealth and judging from the fact that working pays in the generation, who will want to toil the earth as the Bible has recommend for food. The quotation why till the earth when you can actually buy the earth's produce plays a major role in this.

That is because of the misconceptions people have over agriculture. When one only witnessed small scale farming, he will think that is what farming is all about, getting your hands dirty. But agriculture has made many millionaires and billionaires. It is a sector that generates billions of dollars annually and drives the economy forward.
The government can change the way people see agriculture by educating them and providing better machines to small scale farmers so they can expand.

This is an interesting stories that people need to look into.
So many people are running away from farming as a way of making a living.
Farming is supposed to be considered as the best profession because agriculture contains so much that can change lives.
But oil boom and lack of government attention on this very sector has made farm to be unattractive to young entrepreneurs.

Farming is believed to be a dirty occupation, because it involves a lot of stress and hard work. Farming in Nigeria, has made it easier for food and livestock, many people today are engaging in farming most people even choose it as a course to study in the university.

In my country there are many people that are farming. They farming and get profit. But many people run away from farming because they cannot afford the cost. Lack of machinery is also a big reason . I think Government should play an important role in farming . If They give loan to farmers it will be good and people take interest in farming.

In my country, agriculture is one the most practiced profession. Though it’s well practiced but over the years there has Brennan nothing to show for it. Most people who venture into agriculture does it on a low scale and end up consuming the harvest by themselves while large scale farmers exports their goods. This has been the main reason why most youths don’t venture into agriculture. Moreover, there aren’t availability of enough equipment and machine for mechanized farming

Most people sees farming as a very stressful work because of the environment and the degree of work that one will have to do in the course of farming. But what these people don't know is the importance of Agricultural profession, it's very important to feed the nation

One reason I think would be people see farming as the job for the poor which is wrong. You don’t have to be poor to be a farmer. Also the way the country is everyone like to copy each other you want to be a banker because your friend is a banker, nobody wants to follow what his mind is telling him.

This might be because they believe that framing is a very stressful business and is not meant for young people and students like them. Some also believe that farming is a seasonal business.
Added to this they view farming as unattractive because in some lands it is done by illiterates those who do not have western people run away from it because there is no good intervention that is to say that government has neglected farmers because of oil boom in some lands.

I used to think farming was a ready made market to be tapped into but when I did my findings about 2 years back I saw how farmers were suffering and trust me nobody wants to suffer in this life. There's no plan in place that can actually pull people into farming, some farmers almost beg people with their produce.
Post automatically merged:

In my country, agriculture is one the most practiced profession. Though it’s well practiced but over the years there has Brennan nothing to show for it. Most people who venture into agriculture does it on a low scale and end up consuming the harvest by themselves while large scale farmers exports their goods. This has been the main reason why most youths don’t venture into agriculture. Moreover, there aren’t availability of enough equipment and machine for mechanized farming
Exactly my point, theres no feasible plan or structure that can support small scale famers. I think the government are more focused on big agric companies who make lots of profit and can pay a tangible sum as tax. No security for farmers just like we experience in the northern part of Nigeria. Farmers can't go to their farms because they are scared they could get kidnapped or killed.

Last edited:
In our culture farming is a lowly job and that you cannot get rich when you become a farmer. It is discouraging to know that the average age of farmers here is nearing 60 years old which means there are no young farmers. In 10 years time we may not have farmers anymore and the farmlands will be sold to real estate developers. Farming will die if the government will not do a drastic action to save the farm and the farming industry. On the other hand we have a state university here that offers only agriculture degree. However the enrollment is going down every year, less and less students are taking up agriculture.

Farming is tough. For people like us earning just a few dollars per month, it's not as profitable as cryptocurrency and other online business models.

Also, the capital involved, the land and resources can be too much if you really want to make decent money from agriculture.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back