What's new

Who opens the doors of the business?

I think we are not getting something right here.watchman differs distinctly from gatekeeper.watchman ensures protection and safety of the company while the gatekeeper actually opens gate or doors

Looking at who open the doors of a business we must consider alot of things, the key personalities in the business determines who opens the doors in the business we might want to consider the managers of the business. Then again the employees also determines how wide the doors will be open. Their behaviour towards their customers matters alot.

Each company is governed by its agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of a trade, company or institution, where there are security personnel. Whose responsibility is it to open doors for staff to enter? The owner or the watchman? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put you as gatekeepers when your responsibility is to take care and as the word "watch" says to protect and take care of the staff.
Loll..... It's the responsibility of the person whom the management handed the key to the door to, the watch man job is just to ensure the keys are intact and safe because if any of the staff take it home it can be misplaced so it better to stay at the office than take it home but the watch man does not have the authority to open the door...

I think we are not getting something right here.watchman differs distinctly from gatekeeper.watchman ensures protection and safety of the company while the gatekeeper actually opens gate or doors
Excellent! From your description I understand that in your country, things work the same as in mine. According to the publications of the members, which differ from the knowledge I have about it, it is handled differently. But I totally agree with you.

I really agreed with your submission. People most times cannot differentiate between a watchman and a gatekeeper. The role of a watchman is the protection of the business and its properties while a gatekeeper ensures the entrance and exits of people who comes in to patronise the business and it is the company that decides or employs who opens the door to people.

I will strongly believe and say it is the responsibility of the employees and not the gatekeepers because I believe in some organisations every work is been place on the day of duty and anyone on duty should be the first to be at work and not the gatekeepers because their duty is to keep safe the company or business area.

When i was working at a research group, we had times that we used to come in in order to be able to use the equipment, so based on who was first up. that was the person that was meant to open up and had the responsibility of the key. Recording this allows the company to hold that person accountable if anythign had to go wrong.
I do not so much buy that idea because responsibilities should be divided adequately according to someone's specialty so it's best to find each person's specialty and give them the specific task.

I will strongly believe and say it is the responsibility of the employees and not the gatekeepers because I believe in some organisations every work is been place on the day of duty and anyone on duty should be the first to be at work and not the gatekeepers because their duty is to keep safe the company or business area.
Yes , its solely the responsibility of the employee or the owner to open the door of a company or a store while the responsibility of a gatekeeper is to man the gate for security reason.

I am sorry to differ from your opinion @nimzy , since each worker has his responsibility and fulfills different functions in a company or institution. Any worker can collaborate with the door but it is not his responsibility. The doormen must fulfill their functions, and the security of the company and the commercial area is the responsibility of the watchman, from my point of view.

I do not so much buy that idea because responsibilities should be divided adequately according to someone's specialty so it's best to find each person's specialty and give them the specific task.
When it comes to a simple task such as opening the doors however, this should ideally be done by teh person that is first in charge and the person that first comes to the office so that it makes it easier for anyone else that is coming later.

When it comes to a simple task such as opening the doors however, this should ideally be done by teh person that is first in charge and the person that first comes to the office so that it makes it easier for anyone else that is coming later.
The tech person that came first would probably have tasks set before him and so would others that come after him why should they now be bothered by another task that's not theirs.

Its mostly the duty of the watchman or gateman to open the entrance door in companies or organization
I agree with you, there is the doorman and the watchman. In my country, if there are two employees, the one who is responsible for the door is the one who has these functions. Now if this one is not employed then the functions would be performed by the watchman by mutual agreement with the employer. Since these are not his functions.

The tech person that came first would probably have tasks set before him and so would others that come after him why should they now be bothered by another task that's not theirs.
I think that people in a business often worry about what other people's tasks are and they have the impression that if it belongs to someone else then they should not worry about it. However for a business to be success everyone needs to pitch in and helpout and doing so will created an intricate business network that is set up for success.

I think that people in a business often worry about what other people's tasks are and they have the impression that if it belongs to someone else then they should not worry about it. However for a business to be success everyone needs to pitch in and helpout and doing so will created an intricate business network that is set up for success.
True, every one should work as a team and help out others but at a convenient time, not when he should be focused on his tasks another duty now distracting.

True, every one should work as a team and help out others but at a convenient time, not when he should be focused on his tasks another duty now distracting.
What you describe is what happens in my workplace, we are all a team and we help each other. When we are in our duties performing our functions. Everyone must assume their roles.

What you describe is what happens in my workplace, we are all a team and we help each other. When we are in our duties performing our functions. Everyone must assume their roles.
That's is what makes a business grow, specialization and team work, specialization in that one needs to do his part and team work after completing ones tasks to help others unable.

That's is what makes a business grow, specialization and team work, specialization in that one needs to do his part and team work after completing ones tasks to help others unable.
You are right @Eodine , it is so important both descriptions, the fulfillment of duty and the union of the team. It is the guarantee of the proper functioning of a company, institution and even family.

Well, I don't think that is a serious issue, most companies entrust their guards to open the doors because they are always around and all that. But some businesses can't do that because you can't put too much trust in them, so they prefer someone whose rank is higher.
Lol I agree too, here in this part of the world the business owners are not the ones that open the business, the low level employees probably do that while the upper class employees come later at the resumption time because that isn't part of their job description

Lol I agree too, here in this part of the world the business owners are not the ones that open the business, the low-level employees probably do that while the upper-class employees come later at the resumption time because that isn't part of their job description
Yeah, I agree. However this isn't the case for all business, there are businesses that if you do that the employee can use that opportunity to steal some things.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back