What's new

Who opens the doors of the business?

I think this depends on companies to companies. The decision to who should be opening the office lies entirely on the CEO.
Indeed, I understood that in other countries it is different, I came to think that the functions of the doormen and security guards were different as in my country regardless of the type of companies. And of course, the CEO is in charge of his office.

I have a relative who works as a security guard in the bank. He not only gets the keys to the the doors and gates but also has to stay in the building to provide security. He opens the gate and doors every day.

I have a relative who works as a security guard in the bank. He not only gets the keys to the the doors and gates but also has to stay in the building to provide security. He opens the gate and doors every day.
Your family member must fulfill these functions, since he is under your responsibility. So far I have not seen a doorman in any bank, they are always security guards and it must be because of the degree of security that the agency must have. I also have an uncle who is a watchman in a bank and among his functions is that of the door.

In our country, doorman in the financial institutions like bank and financial companies are always security guards. They have weapon and they do body checking for everyone that enters the building.

In our country, doorman in the financial institutions like bank and financial companies are always security guards. They have weapon and they do body checking for everyone that enters the building.
Likewise in my country, the security guards, whatever their functions are, have the authority to carry weapons, but they are at the doors only in financial institutions, the rest perform their duties only as security guards, i.e. guarding businesses or properties, in these cases there is a doorman.

Likewise in my country, the security guards, whatever their functions are, have the authority to carry weapons, but they are at the doors only in financial institutions, the rest perform their duties only as security guards, i.e. guarding businesses or properties, in these cases there is a doorman.
What type of weapons do they give those security guard to safeguard the environment in your native country??

What type of weapons do they give those security guard to safeguard the environment in your native country??
The truth I can't tell you because I don't know about weapons, but I have seen that they have one in their waistband and also a "rolo" to protect financial institutions and properties where they are contracted.

The truth I can't tell you because I don't know about weapons, but I have seen that they have one in their waistband and also a "rolo" to protect financial institutions and properties where they are contracted.
Okay, I understand the kind of weapons they carry. If its those protecting the banking institution, i mean the security guards and not the police. They usually go with sticks to prevent those trying to go against bank ethics.

Okay, I understand the kind of weapons they carry. If its those protecting the banking institution, i mean the security guards and not the police. They usually go with sticks to prevent those trying to go against bank ethics.
Yes, we are talking about the security guards. The police are not involved in the surveillance of financial institutions, nor are they authorized to guard property.

Yes, we are talking about the security guards. The police are not involved in the surveillance of financial institutions, nor are they authorized to guard property.
Okay, i understand your points @Sariana23. The police is not needed for surveillance when it concerns bank. The security guards do the job to keep the bank secured and make sure customers follow the right steps while making use of the banking system.

Okay, i understand your points @Sariana23. The police is not needed for surveillance when it concerns bank. The security guards do the job to keep the bank secured and make sure customers follow the right steps while making use of the banking system.
Correct @Sincerem , and it is when they open and close the doors, apart from providing the necessary security to both employees and customers of such banking entities. The police apart from other functions are in charge of public order.

Correct @Sincerem , and it is when they open and close the doors, apart from providing the necessary security to both employees and customers of such banking entities. The police apart from other functions are in charge of public order.
You're right @Sariana23, those security open the entrance gate of the bank for customers to enter and complete their issues with the bank. They also attend to customers queries before directing them to bank operators.

You're right @Sariana23, those security open the entrance gate of the bank for customers to enter and complete their issues with the bank. They also attend to customers queries before directing them to bank operators.
Exactly and in my country they are the only places where they open doors according to their functions, in other places and companies, the doorman is in charge of it. That is why I published the topic, there are people who take advantage of the guards and give them the responsibility of the door and it does not correspond to them unless it is an agreement in the employment contract.

Exactly and in my country they are the only places where they open doors according to their functions, in other places and companies, the doorman is in charge of it. That is why I published the topic, there are people who take advantage of the guards and give them the responsibility of the door and it does not correspond to them unless it is an agreement in the employment contract.
In my own country, the bank security chiefs work as guards and doormen. They open the gate for the customers, around the premises of the bank. They have double duties to meet up with, everyday.

Well, I don't think that is a serious issue, most companies entrust their guards to open the doors because they are always around and all that. But some businesses can't do that because you can't put too much trust in them, so they prefer someone whose rank is higher.
I agree with you. Most companies allow the watchman to open the doors for staff to come in. But in some, the owner or his/her assistant does that since some companies are so strict about whoever comes in. Not everyone should be allowed into the business premises.

I agree with you. Most companies allow the watchman to open the doors for staff to come in. But in some, the owner or his/her assistant does that since some companies are so strict about whoever comes in. Not everyone should be allowed into the business premises.
Your post is correct "Not everyone should be able to enter commercial facilities." But nevertheless, when I refer doormen they are totally trusted employees (in my country) and it restricts the entry of people who are not authorized by the owners or heads of departments.

Your post is correct "Not everyone should be able to enter commercial facilities." But nevertheless, when I refer doormen they are totally trusted employees (in my country) and it restricts the entry of people who are not authorized by the owners or heads of departments.
That's how it should be because as door men they are totally responsible to all incoming and outgoing of people in the business premises and they must have be instructed on the kind of people to come and go in.

I think it should be gateman that will open the gate of company, because is the duty of gateman to open the door of a company, because is the duty of a employee.

In most companies, the work of watchman and security has been lumped together. And in real sense, while thenl security is to open the door of the company, the foreman should be in charge of the whole companies doors.

That's how it should be because as door men they are totally responsible to all incoming and outgoing of people in the business premises and they must have be instructed on the kind of people to come and go in.
As doormen as you explain they are prepared to perform their duties, they must know and check if necessary each person entering and leaving.

I think it should be gateman that will open the gate of company, because is the duty of gateman to open the door of a company, because is the duty of a employee.
This is exactly how it works in my country, the doormen as employees are responsible for the gates, the guard has a different responsibility.
In most companies, the work of watchman and security has been lumped together. And in real sense, while thenl security is to open the door of the company, the foreman should be in charge of the whole companies doors.
I have learned through this thread, that in many countries have unified the work of both the doorman and the guard. What catches my attention, I thought it worked the same way everywhere.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back