What's new

What plugins are good for spam on WordPress-powered blogs?

WebKitty

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jan 8, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have been having a growing issue with spam from bots. I am trying to see if there is a plugin option that can actually help with this.

At first, it was maybe one or two comments a day on the same post but it has since gone up to being over 20 a day. I disabled the comments on that post but now it is happening on another post.

I have been having a growing issue with spam from bots. I am trying to see if there is a plugin option that can actually help with this.

At first, it was maybe one or two comments a day on the same post but it has since gone up to being over 20 a day. I disabled the comments on that post but now it is happening on another post.
I think that the best thing that you can do is to introduce some sort of captcha system in order to try and make sure that people are not able to just post as much as they want. This way they have to complete something to prove that they are not a robot.

I think that the best thing that you can do is to introduce some sort of captcha system in order to try and make sure that people are not able to just post as much as they want. This way they have to complete something to prove that they are not a robot.
This will work for blog comments? I don't want to discourage people from leaving comments. I am trying to make it friendlier and easier if anything so that is why I never opted to use something like this before.

This will work for blog comments? I don't want to discourage people from leaving comments. I am trying to make it friendlier and easier if anything so that is why I never opted to use something like this before.
I think that if you have a system like this then if someone really wants to comment they will understand why you had to take that step in order to implement this system and they will respect the choice.

True. I just know how frustrating they can be having dealt with them myself. Getting them correct several times and having to keep going through them over and over again. That is what I worry about.

There are always those people that will be doing that however in that case you have to have a way in which you can ban their ip address to try and prevent them from being on your forum in the future.

If you want to filter bots or some kind of automation on your website then I have always advocated that you should use an extra level of verification like loggins or captcha.

Spam plugins can even send your no-spam comments into spam box. try to manually approve comments and approve comments automatically only when the user had 5 approved comments previously.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back